Advantage Resourcing is hiring for a Buyer for a premiere manufacturing facility in Cleveland, TN. Manufacturing background is REQUIRED. Call us to get more details. This position is a direct hire opportunity!
Pay: Salary Range 45k – 57k DOE
Shift: 1st shift
What’s Next? How do you move forward with this opportunity?
Responsible for day-to-day purchasing activities required to purchase and expedite stockroom and MRO supplies.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures in all Purchasing and Receiving functions.
- Purchase all MRO supplies for Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Engineering operations.
- Purchase domestically sourced direct materials.
- Follow up on and expedite orders as needed to meet internal & external customer’s needs and to insure no manufacturing down time.
- Maintain Stockroom – label parts, stock shelves, relieve inventory checked out by associates, resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Process Approved Stock Request and Stock Reduction Documents.
- Receiving - open inbound packages, compare packing slips to items received, enter receipts into the appropriate purchasing system, and notify requestor of the receipt or place parts into the correct storage location.
- Identify, recommend and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Review & process PO/Receipt/Invoice discrepancies. Identify root causes of the discrepancies and implement preventive actions to reduce recurrences.
- Provide reporting and support for Purchasing Manager.
- Lead projects as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management, or some college
- Prior experience in Purchasing and Expediting in an Industrial / Manufacturing Environment.
- Inventory management and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills; proficient in Windows, Microsoft Excel, and Word. Access is a plus. Experience with an ERP systems is a plus.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within manufacturing and engineering environment.
- Ability to works under general supervision, self-disciplined and requiring little supervision.
Must complete an on-boarding process and submit to a drug screen
Target Customer Needs
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 538792
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advantage Resourcing is a member of a family of staffing companies owned by parent Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., based in Tokyo Japan. Advantage Resourcing has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK and Sydney, Australia. The Advantage Resourcing service delivery model is “local market focus”, meaning that Advantage Resourcing learns client requirements for primary skill sets in every local market we serve.
View the full profile
Through our local market intelligence, we acquire resumes, screen and qualify candidates and prepare to deliver talent and solutions to our clients locally. Because of our vast global network, we also service clients who live and work in multiple geographies and countries as needed. It is not uncommon for Advantage Resourcing to manage human resource and staffing solutions for one client in multiple cities, states, and even countries. We are able to find the perfect candidate for a job one mile away, but we can respond to our clients needs whether they be 400 or 4,000 miles away while managing all of the international employment challenges, such as immigration and worker mobility issues, cultural anomalies, and currency conversions.