We are recruiting for a Nursing Administration Manager to join our team!
We are here for life's journey.
Where is your life journey taking you?
Being the heartbeat of Denver means our heart reflects something bigger than ourselves, something that connects us all:
Humanity in action, Triumph in hardship, Transformation in health.
Women's Care Clinic PAV C
Under minimal supervision, the Nurse Manager performs managerial and leadership functions over professional nursing and support care team in various ambulatory care clinical healthcare consumer care settings. Applies critical thinking, evidence-based policies, procedures, guidelines and competence to collaborate with the health care team to promote excellence in healthcare consumer safety and quality outcomes and independently works with the ACNO or Director to ensure alignment of clinical quality and projects with departmental and strategic goals.\r\n\r\nAdheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) standards of professional nursing practice / process and performance, and the ANA Code of Ethics to provide care to all healthcare consumers. Applies critical thinking, evidence-based practices and competence to collaborate with the health care team to promote excellence in healthcare consumer safety and quality outcomes. Utilizes the Theory of Human Caring and Caritas in daily practice. \"Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, Founder / Director, Watson Caring Science Institute.\"\r\n
- Staff Management (10%) \n
- Mentoring and recruitment (10%) \n
- Departmental budget and operations (10%) \n
- Records management 10% (10%) \n
- Problem solving patient and family needs (10%) \n
- Patient safety and quality care (10%) \n
- Policy development and revisions (10%) \n
- Support and implementation of organizational initiatives and strategic planning (10%) \n
- Scheduling (5%) \n
- Promote positive patient experience (5%) \n
- Promote employee engagement (5%) \n
- Staffing Unit (5%)
- Bachelor's Degree Nursing Required
- 4-6 years Typically, five years of nursing experience; including two years nursing leadership experience preferred.\r\n Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BLS-Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) - AHA - American Heart Association Required and \n
- RN-Registered Nurse - DORA - Department of Regulatory Agencies Required
- Adherence to Standards of Professional Nursing Practice/ Process / Performance [ANA Standards addendum- signed] and accrediting body standards. \r\n
- Strong understanding and display of the principals of customer service as it applies to patients, staff and the community \r\n
- Ability to assist in identifying ways to promote quality patient-centric care and maintain Denver Health's high level of patient satisfaction. \r\n
- Ability to work effectively in a team matrix environment. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and in a cross functional environment. \r\n
- Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary staff, charge nurses, clinical nurse educator(s), navigators, pharmacists, Social workers, Nursing Managers, providers, executive leadership to provide care to patients with respect to their uniqueness using informed judgment, competence, individual qualifications, and collaboration with the health care team. \r\n
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of assessment findings as they relate to the disease process and continuum of care. \r\n
- Supports compliance with national patient safety goals, accrediting agency standards, and quality initiatives. \r\n
- Evaluates practice in relation to professional standards, statues, regulations, hospital and departmental policies, standards of care, and regulatory \r\n
- Promotes quality care by redefining priorities for care based on evaluation of healthcare consumer/family response or changing condition, and community needs. \r\n
- Proficient in EHR documentation \r\n
- Proficient in Office Suite \r\n
- Knowledge of JCAHO and other federal, state and local regulatory requirements impacting ambulatory care clinics. \r\n
- Applies knowledge and support to a variety of roles supervised including onboarding and orientation, appropriate scope of practice,continuing education and development plans. \r\n
- Knowledge and adherence to standards of care for ambulatory care nursing and provision of clinical care across the continuum of age and culture. \r\n
- Supports and implements organizational initiatives of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging on the unit with direct reports and in all interactions. \r\n
Days (United States of America) Work Type
$93,000.00 - $139,600.00 / yr Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Outstanding benefits
- Education opportunities
- Shared leadership and advancement opportunity
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Immediate retirement plan matching
- Professional clinical advancement program
- Participation in evidence-based projects
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
- National Health Service Corps (NHCS) and Colorado Health Service Corps (CHSC) eligible employer
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made. Denver Health
is an integrated, high-quality academic health care system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 19 school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, a Public Health Institute, an HMO and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary, and essential, safety-net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Denver Health values the unique ideas, talents and contributions reflective of the needs of our community. For read more about our commitment to diversity visit:
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nursing