Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital (LBHH) is a brand new 126 bed inpatient psychiatric hospital opening in the summer of 2018. The facility is a joint venture between Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine and Universal Health Services.
Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine (LG Health/Penn Medicine), a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare). Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system.
Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown Outpatient and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40 offices throughout the region. Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree and certification programs in healthcare.
A four time designated Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, LGH has been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s best hospitals in 2015-16 in three specialties.
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies in the United States. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. Our operating philosophy is to build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers.
LBHH will be a six unit facility that provides highly specialized services which includes multi-disciplinary teams providing high quality, innovative, and evidence based care to adolescents and adults.
We will treat every person who seeks our services with dignity and respect. We will practice collaboration and not control. We will provide evidence based treatments and our core competencies and skills will reflect best practices.
We strive to attract employees who are passionate about behavioral health.
Come make a difference with us.
Are you a registered nurse (RN) looking to pick up extra shifts here and there? Are you curious about behavioral health but never knew where to start? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital is looking to add some compassionate RN (Registered Nurses) to join our great team! This is a unique opportunity to leave your legacy on the behavioral health of the community of Lancaster, PA by joining our team as we first open!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conducts ongoing and individualized nursing care duties as assigned and as dictated by the patient’s condition in accordance with physician orders and facility protocols.
- Reports change in patient physical, mental status or episodes of seclusion or restraint to nurse manager or supervisor during each shift.
- Collaborates with other team members in the development, implementation, and evaluation of an individualized plan of care.
- Performs treatments and therapies as ordered by physician in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Documents patient care, findings, and psychosocial responses to nursing interventions.
- Provides patient care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that considers cultural diversity and age appropriateness so that autonomy, rights, and dignity are preserved.
- Administer patient medications as prescribed by physician. Assessing vital signs and accu-checks prior to dispensing medications.
- Provide education to patients on their prescribed medications, documenting this in the patient record.
- Complete nursing admission assessments and daily nursing assessments.
- Direct and assist mental health clinicians in the care and direction of patient.
- State of Pennsylvania registered nurse RN licensure; BSN Preferred
- Current CPR training.
- Previous experience in behavioral health preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong clinical skills
Competitive shift and weekend differential eligible position. PRN Rates available
Registered Nurses (RNs) apply today to learn more!!
EOE Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Indentity/Disability/Vet
Registered Nurse Certified