Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming. The General Manager directs the operations of a location, and has operations and other departments reporting into this position on a daily basis.
- Provides general guidance to department managers.
- Provides strategic planning and direction to the operations.
- Manages contract compliance.
- Develops and manages the operational budget.
- Assists the Corporate office with contract procurement, operational analysis, and price proposals.
- Investigates, makes and administers decisions up to and including terminations.
- Has overall responsibility for scheduling, performance evaluation, and staffing responsibilities for the management staff of the facility.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Logistics, Transportation or related field preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- 5 or more years of relevant transit management experience required.
- 5 or more years management/supervisory experience required.
- Labor relations experience.
- Business development experience preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state employment laws.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations underlying the transit operation.
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit system’s staff and operational departments.
- Ability to deal with state and local government.
- Ability to manage cost control and financial/budget experience handling multiple locations.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation skills; ability to influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively with labor; including labor grievances and negotiations.
- Travel requirement: <5% travel between properties and for meetings and outside training.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities.www.transdevna.com
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.jobs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to General Manager
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-DC
Posted Date 3 months ago (8/24/2020 3:56 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-13164
Position Category General Managers/Assistant General Managers/Operations Managers
Internal Reference 123
Company/Division Transdev Inc. (Corporate)