To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, CT
- Benchmark Senior Living
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse: Assistant Director of Nursing w/ homecare exp
Benchmark Senior Living • Waterbury, CT
Posted 2 months ago
The Village at East Farms is seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse who is passionate about providing seniors with quality care in a home like setting. At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us -and to what truly matters!
As an Assistant Director of Nursing you will manage the successful operation of the Resident Care Department, under the leadership of the Resident Care Director within our senior living community. Responsibility includes direct oversight, coaching, and direct supervision of all resident care service providers in the community. Provide on floor nursing support to our residents and interacting with family members. Incumbent will also conduct external and internal assessments and be available to take on call as needed.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicating with families and friends of residents
- Assuring compliance with all resident care related regulations (e.g., medication management)
- Documenting and providing accurate record-keeping, as appropriate
- Demonstrating personal/resident safety methods and procedures
Additional requirements include:
- Being a Registered Nurse, per state regulations; Bachelor's degree in Nursing a plus
- Required is a minimum of 1 year Assisted Living/Home Care or Hospice experience as a RN and 2 years experience in a care setting as a RN
- Certified in Gerontology through the American Nurses Credentialing Association a plus
- Knowledge of Dementia care a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds individually
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to be on call as identified by the community
- Work schedule of Sunday through Thursday