JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely pickup of backhauls.
PAY RATE: $.46/mile
BACKHAUL RATE: $36, DELAY PAY IF APPLICABLE
BENEFITS - UPON HIRE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Drive tractor, maneuvering into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Drive tractor-trailer to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle on the road and on backhaul premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations, documenting pickup receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Meet this position’s physical demands.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a CDL Class A License; minimum driving experience of 2 years or 50,000 miles tractor-trailer experience
- Not have more than two moving violations in past 3 years.
- Not have been convicted of a DWI/DUI within the past 5 years in any vehicle, public or private.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Be able to use a Tractor-trailer and on-board PeopleNet device.
- Be able to work overnight, weekends, holidays if schedule requires.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center
- The environment includes the tractor trailer.
- The environment includes customer facilities.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 21136
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
McLane is one of the most successful supply chain services companies in the US for 3 simple reasons – we hire, foster and promote the most talented and passionate teammates on the planet.
Beyond competitive pay and outstanding benefits, we strive to create an environment for success, where Teammates can truly grow personally and professionally. That’s why the average tenure at McLane is close to 10 years and the majority of our leadership teams have been promoted from within.
We have a winning, growth-driven culture that focuses on the best and the brightest teammates. It’s also why our customers are some of the largest and most respected retailers in America, and the brands we deliver every single day are the ones you know and love.
At McLane there is a sense of pride and dedicated spirit among our teammates that comes from an environment of family and community. We recognize our teammates’ contributions with competitive pay, extensive benefits, industry-leading 401k profit sharing, professional development and much more. And we recognize the communities in which we operate by giving back. Nothing demonstrates this concept more than our dedication to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In the past 28 years, our Teammates have collectively helped raise more than 90 million dollars to provide comfort, treatment and hope to individuals in the communities in which they work.
View the full profile
Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in your life and someone else’s by joining the McLane team today.