To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
27D Paralegal Specialist
Army National Guard • Boise, ID
Posted 28 days ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
If you’re interested in the law and the legal profession, become an Army National Guard Paralegal, you will assist judges, Army lawyers, and unit commanders with legal matters and judicial work. The Paralegal Specialist provides legal and administrative support in areas like family law, international law, contract law, defense legal services, and judicial legal services.
• Provide legal documents in courts-martial and other military justice matters
• Provide assistance in legal affairs, such as power of attorney, wills, and separation decrees
• Ability to supervise those in a command
• Provide technical guidance to subordinates
• Maintain law/administrative library
• Monitor and review actions for accuracy
Your training will enable you to interview witnesses, research court decisions and Army regulations, process legal claims and appeals, and prepare records of hearings, investigations, courts-martial, and courts of inquiry.
By joining the Army National Guard, you will be preparing yourself for a rewarding civilian career. In the civilian world, Paralegal Specialists may be referred to as legal assistants, clerks, paralegal assistants, and court clerks or recorders. Civilian Paralegal Specialists can work for private law firms, banks, insurance companies, government agencies, and local, state, and federal courts.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Paralegal Specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 10 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.