Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University's Finance and Administrative Services Division seeks a qualified candidate within the Real Estate and Facilities unit to serve as the Staff Project Coordinator of Planning, Design and Construction on an 18-24 month contract. The Staff Project Coordinator will support the department on multiple varied projects as experioed allows/needs arise. Candidates should have minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience with corporate tenant fit-out or higher education architectural/interior design project documentation. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel is required, as are strong time management and organizational skills.
- Assist Planning, Design and Construction (PD&C) department on multiple varied projects as experience allows/needs arise
- Assist team members with review and analysis of project documents (drawings and specifications)
- Assist with AutoCAD updates for furniture plans as needed
- Comprehend basic Excel to assist with spreadsheets for specifications and project budgets
- Survey and photograph existing conditions of spaces prior to project development
- Observe and document site conditions for ongoing projects as directed
- Other duties as assignment
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Able to read and understand construction documents and specifications
- Demonstrate ability to comprehend and coordinate multiple drawing and specification packages such as Audio Visual, Signage, Security and FF&E.
- Willing to learn details of project components not experienced before; assist in coordination of those elements or equipment.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Project Coordinator
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
- Time Management
- Project Management