Position: CNC Programmer
The CNC Programmer is responsible for working closely with production, engineering and quality management to resolve any programming/manufacturing issues that may occur. Must be able to create programs and be capable to set up and demonstrate the process at the machines. Must be able to change priorities in a fast paced, dynamic shop atmosphere. Candidate must work toward continuous improvement in process, and cycle time reduction. Must be able keep a log and perform necessary calculations and measurements. Must be able to comprehend Solidworks and AutoCad software from supplied explanations, prints or sketches.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing setting is required
- Set up machines and tooling for operations
- Optimize machine programs and nests for optimal time and material usage.
- Simplify tooling time for machinists to increase productivity.
- Control the handling of CNC programs from the server to CNC machines.
- Monitor, document, and control any changes made to CNC programs.
- Adhere to project schedules to support production.
- Create and maintain the part manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot machining related issues (tool, manufacturing process, or mechanical).
- Familiarity and skill with interpreting technical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to work independently and closely follow directions.
- Should have a positive and professional attitude.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of CAD/CAM experience
- Proficient with Solidworks and AutoCad CAD software.
- Proficiency with CAM software preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with the operation of CNC
- Experience preferred with work holding and fixtures for CNC metal working equipment.
- Ability to create/design, to make edits, and maintain spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
Essential Job Functions (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- Create CNC programs using CAM software to program 3D models, tool path simulation, etc.
- Post program, tool setup instruction, and tool library updates as new tools are introduced to our Manufacturing Center, etc.
- Use skills in Print Reading, GD&T, Tool Selection, Speeds & Feeds, jigging, and fixturing to create part manufacturing setups.
- Evaluate existing CNC programs, fixtures, tooling, and machining processes periodically. Identify and implement process improvements to optimize quality, productivity, and cost.
- Evaluate externally purchased parts for opportunities to machine in house. Assist in the selection of insource projects, and develop the processes to machine internally.
- Maintain expert knowledge of machining industry best practices. Implement best practices when applicable.
- Perform training related to CNC programming, process development, and machine operation
- Collaborate with development engineers, suppliers and engineers.
- Work alongside Production Engineer as jobs are being setup.
- Work alongside CMM operator/quality department to ensure parts are manufactured to specified tolerances. Adjust program as needed through the life of such program.
- Work alongside our Engineering team to ensure finish parts meet quality and functionality criteria as expected.
- Work alongside CNC programmers who are hired as Independent Contractors to generate programs to be ran in our manufacturing center.
- Work alongside Machine Operators to ensure finished parts meet quality and functionality criteria as expected.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Bryce Bachman - [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to CNC Programmer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
- Computer Aided Design
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (Cmm)
- Process Improvements (Business)