Apply Req ID: Req1052029 Date posted 01/25/2023
Part Time Float Teller, Jackson Heights, NY
Brooklyn, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander's retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
Our Tellers process face-to-face customer transactions for a variety of routine financial transactions.
* Adheres to safe deposit box procedures/operations and guidelines
* Assists in exceeding service goals by minimizing Customer wait times and accurately and efficiently processing Customer transactions
* Educates and engages Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates Customers about Bank products and services
* Provides exceptional Customer service by meeting all Customer demands as they relate to relatively straightforward inquiries, with the support of more experienced personnel
* Recognizes sales opportunities and cross-sells bank products by making quality referrals, meeting all assigned teller goals
* Validates transactions for system or operational changes to ensure operational integrity and compliance to all required regulations
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
* 0-3 years; Cash Handling experience in a Retail or Banking environment
* Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management
* Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
* Detail oriented with the ability to function in a fast-paced and changing environment
* General Math skills
* Superior customer service skills
* Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
* Actively seeks information to understand customer needs
* Communicates clearly and precisely
* Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
* Displays a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
* Proactively clarifies one's tasks and responsibilities
* Has basic understanding of organization's flagship products and services
* Can identify the risk return of products and services
* Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures
* Learns new methods and procedures or modifies them to meet new standards Is positive about new approaches and methods resulting from change
* Works effectively in team settings
* Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
* This is a Part Time position and the hours per week will generally be between 20 and 29 hours per week. The Recruiter for this position will be able to discuss the specifics of the schedule requirements and hours for the position. This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime compensation calculated at 1.5 times your regular rate of pay for any hours worked over 40 hours per week, subject to all Santander policies and approvals regarding overtime
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
For NYC Job Applicants: The base hourly pay range for this position is $20.00/hr.-$22.67/hr. The exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, training, licensure and certifications and location.
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NY, Brooklyn
Other Locations: New York-Brooklyn
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
- Attention To Detail
- Banking Services
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service