The MedTrans Operations Supervisor is responsible for operational support of a region of facilities with and without MedTrans Supervisors while reporting to the Senior Manager of MedTrans. The MedTrans Operations Supervisor interacts with cross functional teams to include, but not limited to: Sales, Engineering, HR, Customer Service, Finance, Operations, Payroll and Branch Personnel. This position will be responsible for assisting in providing private fleet services with keeping the expenses under control.
- Provide operational support and acts as an subject matter expert for assigned branches on all things related to MedTrans (including, but not limited to: finances, equipment, routing, costing, proper staffing, maintenance, vendor relations and safety and compliance).
- Travel to assigned facilities to provide on-site support to the branch personnel and the drivers. Completes Driver Observations ("ride-alongs") during each visit and branch recap.
- Conduct financial review calls with each assigned branch to include the MedTrans Supervisor (if one on site), Branch Director, Branch VP, Senior MedTrans Manager, and the Senior Director of MedTrans.
- Work with Sales, Customers and Branch Personnel when business needs change in order to identify opportunities within MedTrans.
- Focus on cost reduction through efficient routing, vendor management and continuous contact with branch personnel (including Directors, Supervisors and Drivers).
- Maintain proper driver staffing levels and assist in retaining and recruiting needs in branches
- Train and assist supervisors throughout MedTrans network.
- Assist with branch set up when new facilities open within supervised territory.
- Assist safety department when visiting branches to ensure there are no safety issues that need to be addressed.
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience applying knowledge of cost components throughout supply chain, especially transportation and motor carrier operations.
- Experience applying knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations.
- Basic computer skills required (Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, routing software).
- Bachelor's Degree in business or transportation.
- Experience with TMS and route optimization software a plus.
Microsoft Power Point