Reporting to the Mechanical Services Manager or designee, perform proper diagnosis, repairs and maintenance to vehicles as assigned. Maintain consistently high standards for technical efficiency; make quality repairs and diagnostics while observing all safety requirements. Perform all duties assigned. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Disability, life, and AD&D insurance
- Company match 401(k)
- Employee stock purchasing program
- Continuing education and certifications
- Employee development geared towards your career goals
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every person with whom they come in contact.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and a neat work environment consistent with the Handbook.
C. Return customer’s vehicles in clean condition with radios, seats, mirrors and other convenience items in the same position as when the customer brought the vehicle in. No smoking in customer vehicles.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention from all employees. Notify Manager of any delays or discrepancies in repair estimates.
3. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise Management of all serious complaints or incidences.
4. Perform assigned diagnostic repair or maintenance to the standards of the service center and factory specifications. Obtain clearance from Management whenever this cannot be done.
5. Look up parts to perform the service. Use parts in stock when possible and order parts from outside vendors when required. Save and tag warranty parts or cores for return to vendor.
6. Test and recheck all repairs and road test all comebacks as assigned by the Manager. Request assistance on repairs or diagnosis as needed.
7. Properly complete all work orders including documentation of parts numbers, vendor names on parts purchased outside and employee number. Check off each job and return the work order to the Manager if all work has been completed.
8. Assist the Manager in creating a proper estimate by informing them as to discrepancies or abnormalities in time required to perform the service and parts required for the job. Recommend additional repairs needed or maintenance to the Manager (verbal or written recommendations are required).
9. Maintain and improve technical expertise through technical bulletins, trade publications and training seminars.
10. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
11. Advise the Manager or designee of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
12. Make sure work area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Keep work area clean and free of clutter. Sweep and pick up work area daily and dispose of junk parts and their containers appropriately. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents to the Manager or designee.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED and mechanical certifications are preferred. ASE certifications are preferred. Require three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the field or in a related area. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license. Must be able to drive vehicles with either standard or automatic transmissions. Must provide sufficient tools to perform the job.
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace.