RN - Sub Acute - Per Diem
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.Job Responsibilities/Duties
The Sub Acute Registered Nurse is specially trained to provide skilled nursing and supportive care to residents with chronic long term medical conditions. Monitors and utilizes therapeutic equipment necessary to provide specialized nursing care. Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement a plan of care for a specific group of assigned residents, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines, physicians, and support staff. Performs professional nursing duties that incorporate the psychosocial, psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the resident/family/significant other to assess, plan, intervene and advocate for the resident on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care. Will reevaluate resident response and outcomes, effectiveness of plan of care, and readiness for discharge and revise plan or make referrals as necessary. Acts as a role model and mentor to a variety of new graduate nurses, orientees and support staff.
- Provides resident care, reviews and administers resident medications, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner that meets scope of practice and standards of nursing practice. Recognizes change in resident's clinical conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve resident issues effectively.
- Develops long and short-term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating resident preference and discussing plan of care with resident. Appropriately utilizes pain management resources and other interventions to provide pain relief. Provides ongoing assessments and documents the resident's physical and psychosocial condition, as well as response to care. Reviews resident test results, identifies critical results, and communicates in a timely manner consistent with the condition of the resident and correlates information into the plan of care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based, within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care, including core measures. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Collaborates with staff, physicians and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team Conference (IDT). Supervises, monitors and delegates resident care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about treatment plan, plan of care, and medications. Develops and implements accurate teaching and ongoing discharge plans.
- Empathizes with resident and resident support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the resident, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Minimum Experience: Pediatric experience or completion of a pediatric course within one (1) year of employment (Foothill Campus Only) required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Recent experience as a Registered Nurse in a SNF or Long-Term Care setting preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with residents and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (Foothill Campus Only) required. AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Saving preferred.
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
How to Apply
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: URL blocked - click to apply
Keywords: Subacute, Sub-Acute, Acute Care, Registered Nurse. Nursing, RN, Patient Care Planning, Patient Monitoring, Patient Recording, Patient Recovery, Monitor, Administer Medicine, Rehab, Rehabilitation, Short Term Care, Acute Illness, Acute Treatment.
Long Term Care