Who We Are:
The Space Instrumentation Group is composed of mechanical engineers and technicians within the Space Science and Engineering Division at SwRI. The Space Instrumentation Group is responsible for the development of spacecraft instrumentation, avionics and electronics for both government and industry.
Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work side by side with other technicians, mechanical and electrical engineers, and scientists to design, fabricate, assemble and test spacecraft components and space sensors.
- Maintain and upgrade measurement and test instrumentation, facility equipment, vacuum systems, and clean rooms.
- Assemble, integrate, and test spacecraft structures, electro-mechanical devices, mechanisms, and electronics boards.
- Assist with manufacturing coordination, part cleaning, and other part processing.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Trade school or AS degree in engineering or related discipline preferred
- Shift work required
- 2-10 years: Mechanical and electrical documents including drawings, schematics, and operating manuals
- Hands-on experience with mechanical systems, mechanisms, electronics, electro-mechanical systems, test instrumentation, measurement instrumentation, vacuum systems, microscopy, and/or clean rooms
- Experience with maintenance and upgrade activities of measurement and test instrumentation, facility equipment, vacuum systems, and clean rooms
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to TECHNICIAN - SR. TECHNICIAN - ELECTRONICS home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to TECHNICIAN - SR. TECHNICIAN - ELECTRONICS.
For benefits information at all other locations, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to TECHNICIAN - SR. TECHNICIAN - ELECTRONICS.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace