TITLE: Supplier Quality Engineer
LOCATION: Bellevue, WA, USA
TerraPower is a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with innovations in medical isotopes to improve human health. In 2006, TerraPower originated with Bill Gates and a group of like-minded visionaries who evaluated the fundamental challenges to raising living standards around the world. They recognized energy access was crucial to the health and economic well-being of communities and decided that the private sector needed to take action and create energy sources that would advance global energy deployment. TerraPower’s mission is to be a world leader in new nuclear technologies, while developing innovators and future leaders in the nuclear field. As a result, the company’s activities in the fields of nuclear energy and related sciences are yielding significant innovations in the safety and economics of nuclear power, hybrid energy and medical applications – all for significant human health benefits.
TerraPower is seeking to hire highly motivated and forward-thinking professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape and bringing forward the critical production of medical isotopes. TerraPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, TerraPower has instituted an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) in an effort to proactively recruit, hire, and promote women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.
Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer reports directly to the QA Project Manager. This position is responsible for Quality Assurance Engineering activities of TerraPower’s advanced reactor program. The ideal candidate should have QA experience in both DOE 10 CFR 830 (subpart A) / DOE O 414.1D and NRC 10 CFR 50, Appendix B regulated environments. Successful candidate should be an NQA-1 Certified Lead Auditor (ATL) and have extensive experience with evaluation and qualification of NQA-1 Suppliers and commercial supply chain experience. Experience with industry codes, standards and guides such as ASME, AWS, AISC, ASTM, EPRI, NEI, ISO, NEC and IEEE are strongly desired.
- Review of customer and regulatory contracts and develop baseline requirements matrix/documents.
- Interface with customer and supplier QA representatives and provide solutions to technical and compliance issues.
- Support Quality Manager in guiding Quality for the project
- Plan, develop and implement project specific Project Quality Plan (PQP).
- Evaluation and Qualification of Suppliers and Partners.
- Plan and perform internal and external (supplier) audits and surveillances.
- Plan and perform commercial grade item (CGD) surveys of commercial suppliers.
- Coordinate and host Customer and Regulator audits, surveillances and visits
- Review and revise QA processes and procedures.
- Perform Supplier and Internal Audits as a certified Lead Auditor (ATL).
- Review quality affecting procedures (engineering, procurement, document control, records, testing, etc.)
- Review procurement specifications, purchase orders, contracts, task orders and agreements for flow-down of quality assurance requirements
- Review design drawings, specifications, test plans/procedures, and other technical documents for quality assurance requirements using a graded approach to quality when applicable.
- Must possess the confidence and fortitude to make independent decisions based on requirements and technical justification.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline, business, management, or quality assurance field; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in a nuclear (NRC, DOE) Quality Assurance function preferred or may consider experience other regulated environment such as, EPA, aerospace, or similar industries.
- Current certification as NQA-1 Lead Auditor or other industry recognized certification or the ability to be certified within one year of hire.
- Military experience is a plus
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-40%
TerraPower’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. TerraPower must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate TerraPower’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, TerraPower may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
Please visit [ Link removed ] to apply
- Document Management Systems
- Product Quality Assurance
- Motor Control