UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support team of actuaries and data scientists as they migrate from a SAS based environment to open-source solutions
- Mentor users with R and Spark languages, coding issues, connection strings, and troubleshooting
- R package installation, troubleshooting, and management
- Create and enhance documentation for Data Scientist community
- Conduct training and support for new/existing users
- Extract, cleanse, and store data efficiently to be used performantly by Data Scientists
- Demonstrate creative and critical thinking with an innate drive to improve how things work and solve problems
- Design and create environments for data scientists to build models and manipulate data
- Work on projects requiring packaging, deploying and managing containerized workloads running on Kubernetes
- Resolve issues and provide technical assistance on the Data Science workbench environment
- Have knowledge in modern machine learning techniques
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information systems, STEM related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with a R and/or Spark and wrangling large datasets from a variety of sources
- 2+ years of experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Helm and Kubernetes Working Knowledge of deployments in a Kubernetes cluster using Helm
- 2+ years of experience with IT operational automation and configuration management tools and DevOps practices, processes and tools (Git, CICD, Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience breaking down and clearly defining problems
- Experience communicating highly technical results to a diverse audience
- Familiarity with healthcare medical claims data
- Experience or interest in open-source languages including R and Python Experience in advanced data science tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark and H2O
- Self-motivated, resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven, and adaptable with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven experiences with development and delivery using DevOps Practices
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.