Object Technology Solutions, Inc (OTSI) has an immediate opening for a Senior Network Engineer.
Senior Network Engineer – (Albuquerque, NM – Onsite)
- Deploy and provide ongoing support for Cisco routers and Catalyst switches, to include tier 2/3 troubleshooting and engineering (as needed), developing and updating standard operating procedures for network provisioning and maintenance tasks.
- Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Cisco, Palo Alto devices and must ensure each change to the environment is clearly documented, to include creating and updating all related engineering documents, drawings, and IP addressing assignments.
- Operate in a remotely administered lights-out environment where equipment is deployed pre-configured and out-of-band access via OOB mgmt. and serial consoles is used when necessary, during circuit problem determination.
- Develop documentation to improve current network operating procedures.
- Draft configuration change control proposals for submission to the CCB.
- Create and update topology diagrams and associated documentation for each office location and network enclave.
- Install and operate open-source software to perform network performance testing and monitoring.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of how to quickly troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve switches, routers, desktops, printers, and servers.
- Coordinate multiple open issues and interfacing with customers at all levels.
- Demonstrate self-initiative and be able to operate without supervision.
- Review log events and operate network management applications to perform fault detection, identify performance metrics, and generate reports to support specific service level requirements.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed to support planned and unplanned network maintenance and troubleshooting events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Gigabit Ethernet switched LAN networks with a working knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), 802.1q Trunking, 802.3ad LACP, Etherchannel, and 802.1x-based Network Access Control (NAC), NEXUS N-OX,FlexVPN, IPSEC over GRE tunnels.
- Experience working with Cisco VOIP configuration
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience supporting heterogeneous LAN, WAN, and 802.11 wireless networks.
- Strong understanding of application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD) and their relationship to user applications.
- Experience with scripting network operation using Python or Ansible experience a plus
- Recent experience in an enterprise or service provider environment deploying, troubleshooting, and documenting LAN and campus networks using Cisco network devices (Catalyst 3560/3860 and Nexus 5000 switches, Cisco ASR, ISR-series routers, and Cisco ASA security appliances with Firepower) Palo Alto 3000, 500 series utilizing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Cisco IOS command syntax.
- Hands-on experience configuring any of the following MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Flex VPN and VRF's.
- Experience with Wireshark, Ethereal, tcpdump or equivalent packet decoding tools.
OTSI is a leading global technology company offering solutions, consulting, and managed services for businesses worldwide since 1999. OTSI serves clients from its 15 offices across 6 countries around the globe with a “Follow-the-Sun” model. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, we have a strong presence in North America, Central America, and Asia-Pacific with a Global Delivery Centre based in India. These strategic locations offer our customers the competitive advantages of onshore, near shore, and offshore engagement and delivery options, with 24/7 support. OTSI works with 100+ enterprise customers, of which many are Fortune ranked, OTSI focuses on industry segments such as Banking, Financial Services & Insurance, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Energy & Utilities, Communications & Media Entertainment, Engineering & Telecom, Retail & Consumer Services, Hi-tech, Manufacturing, Engineering, transport logistics, Government, Defence & PSUs.
Our Centre of Excellence:
- Data & Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- QA & Automation
- Enterprise Applications
- Disruptive Technologies
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco Routers