To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CARE MANAGER-CNS (nights/weekends)
Beacon Health Options • US-Nationwide
Posted 29 days ago
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamic Care Manager to join our Central Night Services team! The Clinical Care Manager will provide telephonic assessments, referrals and counseling.
Individual may work remote but must have valid mental/behavioral health license.
Triage Assessment and Referral Responsibilities:
- Complete telephone assessments and referral; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider, including outpatient treatment as necessary; and for emergency, urgent, routine and EAP referrals
- Provide appropriate referrals for treatment based in assessment of information gathered during telephone contacts and or on-site with providers. Refer cases that do not meet criteria and need non-cert., to Peer Advisors
- Manage release of MHSA benefit provided by carrier for designated group. Ask questions and listen to member in order to assess case and determine need
- Give referral and/or make referral appointment as circumstances warrant
- Collaborates with providers to determine alternate levels of care and to facilitate transfers to network facilities and providers whenever possible
- Facilitates coordination of care with other managers to assure continuity of care
Clinical Review Responsibilities:
- Review for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options criteria
- Render certification decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical area under review
- Provide reviews for predetermination of medical necessity
- Review proposed courses of treatment for medical necessity
- Utilize rounds and case consultations to Clinical Supervisor and Peer Advisor for cases outside criteria or not progressing
Customer Service / Administrative Responsibilities:
- Interface with internal and external customers to maintain optimal efficiency of service
- Maintain telephone superior service standards
- Contribute to monthly staff meetings and clinical conferences
- Attend appropriate meetings, trainings and conference calls as scheduled
- Perform all other aspects of customer service as required
- Conduct business in a professional manner
- Troubleshoot Clinical issues
- Investigate and research to resolve customer complaint problems and issues
- Will facilitate all tracking necessary quality indicators to meet the necessary accrediting bodies (NCQA, URAC)
- Perform special projects and all other duties as assigned
Position Minimum Requirements:
- Education: Masters’ degree in social work or psychology required or a Bachelor’s level RN required
- Licensures: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/LMSW, LLP, MHC, LPC, etc.) required
Relevant Work Experience: 3 years’ experience in psychiatric or substance use treatment required
- Experience as a CEAP or EAP internal/external consultant to a work site area required (for the integrated unit)
- Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting
- Must have knowledge and experience using management information systems
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be knowledgeable about care resources and levels of care availability
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.