Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it’s for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Database Developer .
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior Database Developer based in our Downers Grove office. The Senior Database Developer will create customized platforms for data-driven direct marketing and critical customer communications. This includes the design, development, management and ongoing support of marketing databases and related processes. These solutions will utilize knowledge of database marketing, data modeling, analytics, communication strategy, and creative, print and electronic communication production. The Database Developer will work within a small team environment for top national brands.
What will you do?
• Use programming and analytic skills to design, develop and maintain marketing data warehouses.
• Perform complex database programming by writing SQL procedures on large-scale CRM related marketing data warehouses.
• Programming requirements will include data hygiene, ETL, computations, aggregations, analytics, ad-hoc queries and studies as well as ongoing maintenance in a constantly changing environment.
• Participate in conceptual and design phases of new processes to ensure consistencies in the database environment.
• Translate business requirements into technology solutions.
• Design, develop, implement, troubleshoot, maintain, and update complex CRM database applications.
• Work with users and analysts to determine user needs, write documentation as needed, and support other technical and non-technical staff as required.
• Participate in physical database design, architecture, testing, performance tuning and implementation.
• Analyze performance and load test results to ensure system scalability.
• Perform related job duties as needed and assigned.
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of related experience as a Database Developer required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field strongly preferred. Will consider technical training and experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2016) and exposure to data warehousing concepts. Specific experience with CRM databases strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of database marketing that includes list hygiene techniques is a major plus.
- Knowledge of how to implement and manage SQL Servers, manage and write programs supporting maintaining, indexing and partitioning of large (VLDB) databases for optimal performance is a major plus.
- Experience with Powershell/Windows Command Line scripting is major plus.
- Other strengths that are helpful: C#, Perl/Python.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to commute to the Lisle office and work out of that office.
What we offer:
- Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire and include a choice of 4 medical plan options under BCBS, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k), two weeks of vacation, 6 additional days of paid time off and paid holidays.
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Perl (Programming Language)