The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for assisting the GM in office leadership, meeting sales growth objectives and profitability goals. The AGM achieves this by being an integral part and provide leadership for the Sales and Marketing Team and Administrative Branch Team.
Additionally, the AGM is responsible for integrating our Core Value, Love (v.), into the culture of the franchise office: patience, kindness, humility, selflessness, respectfulness, forgiveness, honesty and commitment.
- Achieve an expert knowledge level of all functional areas of the businesses and key processes capable of filling in any branch role and providing leadership and guidance
- Assist the GM in developing annual sales targets and coach the Sales and Marketing Team to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Provide leadership to the team of our vision, beliefs, and assist in execution of our plans
- Build the administrative franchise team (recruit, hire, train, coach, develop staff) with the best talent for each role
- Lead and hold the Branch team accountable for individual role metrics
- Manage expenses within defined budget categories (recruiting expenses, administrative expenses, overtime expenses)
- Ensure performance in all functional areas of the business are at or above objectives by:
- Monitoring and managing team performance against processes, metrics, auditing key processes
- Ensure the office is able to operate and perform all required tasks during regular business hours by:
- Managing administrative staff vacation and time off
- Planning for coverage when there are gaps in coverage for any key roles
- Ability to step into any functional area of the business as needed
- Assess staff members through daily check-in’s, monthly 1 on 1’s, mid-/year-end performance evaluations. Take corrective action on performance issues, celebrate successes and set goals for upcoming periods.
- Participation in Client Quality Assurance process, including in-home needs assessment over time; Client Case Management to include engaging family members/guardians in discussions about increasing care needs due to cognitive or physical changes.
- Oversee CAREGiver retention process and engagement as needed to ensure job competency and performance levels with clients are high; additional or specialized training needs are met. Support Recruiting & Engagement Manager, ensuring execution of a regular process for evaluating CAREGivers, taking corrective actions, or creating support plans as needed.
- Motivate and support employees to create a dedicated, engaged, passionate, cohesive work team
- Adhere to, and implement, all company policies and procedures
- Take appropriate action to ensure that the company complies with all applicable laws and regulations
- Work closely with the General Manager to determine improvement opportunities for operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate in process preparation, best practices, competitor and/or market information along with forecasting and planning
- Participate in offsite strategic planning meetings with the leadership team
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field or commensurate experience
- Solid business management skills, including P&L responsibility
- Proven results as a sales-minded leader, motivated by profitable sales growth
- Able to build strong relationships, based on a consultative approach
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, and getting work done effectively through teams
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to shift gears at any moment in the day
- Organized and works with a sense of urgency
- Willing to implement and follow standard processes and procedures
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described responsibilities of the position.
- While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones. Occasional travel will be required.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback