To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead SQL Database Administrator
Hilton Corporate • US-Nationwide
Posted 1 month ago
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Lead SQL Database Administrator (DBA), your role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production, test/development, and QA database environments while ensuring high levels of data availability. You will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and leading database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of all databases and their accompanying software. You will ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets and will remain current with the newest technologies and industry/business trends.
More specifically, you will:
- Handle SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to high-demand production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with colleagues
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated capacity for self-directed learning
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of experience in Specialized Services
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Demonstrated experience managing SQL DBMS/SQL Services
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!