If you are a supply chain professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Mansfield, MA location, you will be part of a team that produces valves for nuclear power plants, aircraft carriers and submarines. At Emerson Mansfield you will be visible, you will know the names of your coworkers and your contribution can “move the needle”. You can also leverage the career development, technical expertise, and networking opportunities afforded by the overall Emerson organization giving you the best of both worlds. As the buyer will be responsible for the full cycle of the purchasing functions within the commodities that you support ensuring outstanding quality, on-time delivery, and optimal cost.
AS THE BUYER, YOU WILL:
- Support the development of our supply chain through business partner relationships, continuous improvement programs, and just in time delivery management
- Source and develop new suppliers
- Achieve best value sourcing taking into account quality, delivery, and cost
- Evaluate and execute all material requirement plans
- Maintain data integrity of lead time and delivery dates
- Participate in engineering change activities regarding new product and obsolescence
WHO YOU ARE:
You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. You monitor progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results. You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization. You work through formal and informal channels to build broad-based relationships and support.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School degree
- 3 years supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment
- US Citizenship due to contracts with the US Navy
- Proficiency with MS Office and ERP or MRP Systems
- Strong analytical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- An associate’s or bachelor's degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering is preferred
- 5 years related supply chain experience, 3 years supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment, or 3 years supply chain experience supporting regulated industry such as aerospace
- Knowledge and familiarity with machining, castings, and forgings
- Ability to read manufacturing prints
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Material Requirements Planning
- Just In Time
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Engineering Change Order