In order to teach or serve as testers, individuals must present proof of the following requirements, and skills will be further assessed during a possible screening:
* Must be educated native or near-native speakers of the language (preferably Level 4 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale).
* Possess sufficient proficiency in English (Level 2 or higher on the ILR proficiency scale) to meet the training and administrative needs of the work in the section.
* Possess the cultural background of the specific country or geographical region required by submitting proof of being raised or educated in said country, by living in a cultural enclave or heritage community in another country, or by demonstrating through work experience or academic preparation a deep understanding of the region.
* Work in a harmonious and professional manner with colleagues who represent cultures from around the world.
* Serve as a tester for language proficiency examinations, interacting with the examinee in the tester's native language or a language in which the tester has near-native proficiency.
* May be requested to conduct end of training tests at schools overseas.
* Assist with the creation and testing of new reading kits to be used in face-to-face, telephone or field-testing.
* Participate in producing audio or video materials for use in conjunction with testing training.
* Collaborate with team members to review and edit foreign language and/or English in testing materials.
* Adhere to all copyright guidelines and restrictions and follow procedures regarding copyright.
* Adhere to all guidelines and follow all procedures regarding testing material security and safeguarding test score data.
* Experience conducting proficiency-based tests (i.e., DLAB, ACTFL OPI, etc.) in one or more foreign languages tested is preferred.
* English proficiency of 2+ or higher (ILR scale) in speaking and reading preferred.
* Contingent Upon Contract Award*
- Foreign Language