HOUSEKEEPER/LAUNDRESS, LIVE-IN (UPPER EAST SIDE, NY)
Division: Executive Hospitality
Ref ID: R427100183
Location: Upper East Side, NY
Job Title: Housekeeper/Laundress, Live-In (New York, NY)
Private family seeks an experienced Full Time, Live-In Housekeeper/Laundress to care for their residence located in The Upper East Side. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All aspects of general housekeeping and deep cleaning of residence; museum quality cleaning including care for fine furniture, art, antiques, etc.
- Meticulous organization of the home’s living spaces as well as seasonal wardrobe management, kitchen, etc.
- Laundress duties; includes laundry, ironing, care of fine garments/fabrics and home linens, seasonal wardrobe management, packing/unpacking for travel, etc.
- Keep accurate record of repairs and fittings
- Greeting and providing excellent hospitality for family and all guests
- Traveling with family to other locations upon request
This is a Full Time, Live-In position. The regular schedule will be Thursday through Monday. Salary is generous but DOE.
- Minimum 3 years related work experience in a fine home as Housekeeper/Laundress
- Prior experience working as a laundress is required
- Experience with museum quality cleaning and care for antiques, silver, fine art, etc.
- Excellent references required from current and previous employers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility in scheduling as needed
- Available to travel
- Valid United States work authorization
1 Little West 12th Street
New York NY 10014
Due to the volume of employment applications received, Society Staffing is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. Please be advised that the first round of our interview process involves a direct meeting at our Manhattan offices for all positions located in the tri-state area.