Position Open: September 24, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Electrical Designer.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We offer generous compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, paid time off, Aflac, flexible benefits, and legal resources. To learn more about our culture and expertise, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Electrical Designer.
We seek to hire a Senior Electrical Designer in our Macon, GA office who will supervise and coordinate the preparation of Electrical Engineering design and construction documents on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various electrical engineering design services as a senior or lead designer, including Conceptual Studies, Program Requirements, Design Analyses, Calculations, Equipment selection and layout, and System selection and layout for building design and site electrical utilities independently with minimal direction from supervising engineering staff.
- Meeting with clients to prepare proposed scope of work as directed.
- Providing oversight and coordination of projects, and working with assigned Project Managers and Senior Engineers to meet client’s budget, contract fees, goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Coordinating and communicating all aspects of electrical design within multi-disciplinary teams as requested by the Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Providing input to senior engineer and project manager for project evolution
- Developing project schematic designs, design development designs, and construction documents
- Supervising and mentoring junior electrical engineering designers and CADD technicians
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Providing support services during the bidding process, i.e., preparing addenda, amendments, and responding to RFI’s
- Performing construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI’s, reviewing shop drawings, preparing as-builts, etc. as directed
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from senior engineers and project managers
- Working independently with limited direction
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff in the Electrical Engineering Department
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Director, Senior Engineer, Project Managers, and senior management.
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Engineer or Senior Engineer tasks as directed
- Responsible for document organization and clarity
- Responsible for discipline drawing coordination
- Assisting with the preparation of fee proposals
- Drafting of plans, partial plans, sections, details
- Create schematic-level plans and details for approval by the Project Engineer
- Developing an accurate, three-dimensional model of the structure with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, when BIM is a project requirement
- Develop design options for resolution of system conflicts
- Assist with electrical systems calculations and LEED templates
- Participate in electrical system selections
- Participate in building code analysis process
- Coordinate work product with other disciplines
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- Have earned a high school diploma, or equivalent, and completed coursework in AutoCAD, Microstation, and/or BIM software packages from a technical or vocational school; or
- An Associate’s Degree in a field of study related to drafting and design; or
- A Certificate in a field of study related to drafting and design; or
- A four-year undergraduate degree in a field of study related to drafting and design
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
The following certifications may be given additional consideration:
- Applicable Autodesk certifications
- Active membership in drafting or modeling-related organizations (local or web-based)
- Certificate of Management for Building Information Modeling (CM-BIM)
- Lighting Certified (LC) and Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certifications
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices and pursuing LEED AP accreditation
- Additional certifications such as CDT, CCS, or CCCA are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process
A Senior Electrical Designer should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to utilize the software in the development of project documents and interact with other project team members in their use of the software is highly desirable.
A Senior Electrical Designer should typically have 12 years or more of significant A/E consulting experience as a CAD or BIM Technician, Designer or Senior Designer working under the supervision and guidance of a licensed Electrical Engineer (PE).
Experience in federal, state, municipal, healthcare, commercial, higher education or similar projects plus experience in Design/Build and CM at Risk project delivery methods is desirable.
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents and correspondence.
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups and communicate effectively with others.
- Have a can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
- Shop Drawing
- Computer Aided Design
- Auto Cad
- Health Care
- Building Information Modeling