Staff Engineer Intern – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
McCafferty Brinson Consulting, LLC (MBC) is looking for a full-time Staff Engineer Intern, with 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience, based in our Fort Lauderdale office.
This position entails engineering design and construction administration services related to potable water, reclaimed water, and wastewater treatment plants. Projects will have a focus on treatment process optimization, pumping and transmission systems, utility infrastructure, treatment plant hydraulics, permitting compliance, and funding assistance.
Duties will include both in-office activities and field work (inspections, construction observation, etc.) including:
- Preparation of basis of design reports, construction drawings, and technical specifications.
- Participation in internal team and client meetings regarding progress of work.
- Assisting with business development and proposal efforts.
- Performance of stormwater facility field observations.
- Performance of on-site construction observation and contract administration.
- Works closely with Professional Engineer to support Professional Engineering Licensure.
Education and Experience:
- Interest in water and wastewater utility systems design and construction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- 0 to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Registered Engineer Intern in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain licensure within first year of employment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What will make you stand out?
- Include an example of your AutoCAD work with your resume.
- Prior experience with water/wastewater treatment plant design and/or construction administration.
Please send resumes to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Staff Engineer. For additional information about MBC, please visit our website www.mccaffertybrinson.com.
McCafferty Brinson Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We will also make any reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state disability laws. McCafferty Brinson Consulting, LLC participates in the E-Verify employment authorization and Drug-Free workplace programs.
- Architectural Drawing
- Auto Cad
- Business Development
- Construction Management