This position will lead efforts to capture, organize and expand StreetLightUSA social media presence and assist in writing fund raising and marketing materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Growing social media presence on multiple social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. This includes writing/creating content and taking and uploading photography.
Essential Duties Include:
• Work alongside the Director of Fund Development to ensure content is informative and appealing.
• Oversee and manage all social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
• Increase presence and engagement, across all platforms.
• Partner with business and community groups to build campaign concepts that align with StreetLightUSA fundraising objectives.
• Write, photograph, videotape and use visual sources to include in social media posts, newsletters, and e-appeals.
• Measure the success of every social media and communication campaign.
• Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
• Create and manage social media content calendar across all platforms ensuring a constant supply of relevant content.
• Build brand awareness, maximize followers and increase engagement by creating and posting original and thoughtful content.
• Engage with influencers and manage partnerships.
• Partner with external agency partners to oversee and manage paid social campaigns.
• Assist in writing StreetLightUSA materials including monthly newsletters, e-appeals, news releases, booklets, annual reports, flyers brochures, and video script writing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strategic social media plan and analytics to grow social media by 70%.
• Understanding of and interest in expanding StreetLightUSA social media presence among behavioral health, foster care, at risk youth organizations, women’s, community groups, churches, business, corporations and non-profits.
• Savvy communicator with impeccable interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• A mastery for storytelling and community building via written and visual communication.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects at the same time while maintaining attention to detail.
• Solid writing, editing, analytical, problem solving, and quantitative analysis skills.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently, think creatively, and detail oriented.
• Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other relevant social media networks.
• Professional appearance with natural ability to attract attention and engage in meaningful conversations at events and during business consultation meetings – including virtual platforms.
• Proficient skills or ability to quickly learn to use Google Applications, project management tools, and database spreadsheets programs.
• Flexible and willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities.
• Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personal and professional skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team including effective listening and ability to receive and act on information.
• Fun, outgoing, motivated, passionate, driven to succeed, and has a 'can-do' attitude.
• Ability to identify strategic and creative social media collaborations.
• 2+ years of related writing / marketing experience including social media, content marketing, and communications.
• Demonstrated successful social/content campaigns and programs that have helped drive lead acquisition, affinity, and relevance for brands such as writing/campaign examples or portfolio.
• Experience with social media/networking platforms and tools ie Design tools (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) Monitoring tools and experience with social listening (Brandwatch, Brand24, etc.), Content management and analytics tools (Google Analytics, Sprout Social, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications, advertising, English, or a related field preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Background cleared of any criminal offenses disqualifying employment (i.e.: Sexual abuse of a minor, first or second-degree murder, sexual assault, sexual exploitation of a minor, felony drug offenses, robbery, dangerous crime against children, etc.).
• One year or more of volunteer or employment in non-profit development, or community ministry preferred.
• Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
• Physical Exam clearing work with no restrictions (updated every two (2) years)- reasonable accommodations can be made if needed.
• Documentation of clearance from communicable diseases (Tuberculosis- updated annually).
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Language Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills and an understanding and implementation of professional and personal boundaries.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform necessary calculations for position tasks and review to ensure errors are corrected.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to identify, address, and resolve issues based on reasonable judgement, information collection, and team member partnerships while adhering to StreetLightUSA policy and procedures.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands are representative of a typical professional office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and must state on application if there is a weight lift restriction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Strong comprehension in maintaining professional boundaries.
Hours: The PT Social Media Specialist is a part-time position regularly scheduled for 20 hours/week and not to exceed 25 hours/week. Some weekends maybe required.
Attention To Detail