Supply Chain & Materials Managers play a key role in our Operations Department. In this role, the Supply Chain & Materials Managers must be accountable for managing, coordinating and controlling inventory materials of the operation in order to provide required customer service and a better response to marketing demands, which can result in growth and increased profits with a minimum inventory investment. They will also manage continuous supply of components utilizing "lean manufacturing" procurement techniques to insure 100% availability with minimal working capital investment. These positions will support strategic sourcing initiatives specifically related to the purchase of finished products. If you are interested in being considered for current or future Supply Chain / Materials Manager job opportunities, please submit your application to this talent pool.
* Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization
* Pay competitively
* Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair's proven best practices
* Offer health benefits & coaching
* Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
* Offer employee discounts
* Protect you with life insurance and other options
* Tell you more about all the great benefits - just ask!
Supply Chain / Materials Managers:
* Supervise a staff responsible for production control, purchasing of finished products, materials, inventory planning and logistics.
* Develop total cost reduction strategy and implement aggressive cost reduction programs in support of the total cost of ownership.
* Negotiate "Lean" agreements with strategic suppliers including lead-time, flex fence capability, and risk definition for inventory in pipeline, QDC metrics/goals, and year over year productivity targets.
* Be responsible for developing inventory models for raw materials by business. In conjunction with Manufacturing, establish turns goals by production line.
* Manage materials and continuous material supply flow with emphasis on flow system implementation.
* Understand and utilize Kanban, safety stock, and lead-time reduction.
* Manages all areas using Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Metrics
* Manage master scheduling function to balance desired ending inventory levels, production rates and supplier forecast to meeting targeted KPI's
* Develop and provide leadership to the Planning personnel in effectively utilizing: (a) a Master Production Schedule to properly plan and provide the required level of finished goods products for all projects/product lines, (b) a Material Requirements Planning system to ensure the availability of all lower level materials and components necessary to produce the finished products, and (c) ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
* Plan and implement processes related to the timely, cost- inventory control, planning and quality management systems of production materials.
* Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
* Guarantee a continuous correct inventory supply, establish and maintain double digit inventory turns, and to control the level of back-orders.
* Forecast inventory levels on a rolling 90 day go forward so as to forecast inventory levels and cash flow needs.
* Work closely with Marketing and Sales to properly forecast new product timelines and sales.
* Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Maintain supplier development including on-going supplier feedback, supplier scorecard implementation, and supplier corrective action processes with supply base rationalization.
* Maintain availability of stock inventory, directed through inventory planners.
* Plan, order, and maintain all consignment material and all bin control and bar stock items.
* Ensure proper inventory levels to meet company objectives. Review budgeted shipments and marketing forecasts by month and by quarter. Relay any changes or trends to appropriate inventory planner.
* Work with consignment vendors to establish payment terms, reconcile inventory levels and perform physical inventory counts.
* Monitor receiving into and out of consignment.
* Review all product lines on a bi-weekly basis, monitor all commitments and receiving.
* Monitor, maintain and keep open work order file current.
* Monitor measure and improve inventory accuracy.
* Plan and maintain workload for the cycle counter. Maintain exemption from physical inventory.
* Confirm all cycle count sheet accuracy.
* Review all adjustments to the inventory and confirm the physical check all "A" item adjustments. Prepare a weekly report. Review all daily transaction errors and assign responsibility for correction.
* Support the disposal of obsolete and excess material. Review excess and obsolete report on quarterly basis. Support QA and Engineering for the determination on what should be scrapped, reworked into something usable, returned to a vendor or possibly sold.
* Plan and coordinate with accounting, and administrate the physical inventory.
* Confirm that all buyer codes are assigned in the item masters.
* Confirm that all supplier lead times are updated quarterly.
* Create, implement and sustain the supermarket addressing system (PFEP)
* Have earned at least a Bachelor's Degree (B.A.,B.S.) or equivalent; MBA, or advanced degree a plus; APICS certification or CPIM a plus
* Have 5-7 years of experience in a related experience purchasing and materials management
* Have a minimum of five to ten years in all phases of inventory control
* Have a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
* Have an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
* Possess the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
* Understand problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
* Have technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling
* Foster employee training and development
* Have a strong customer orientation
* Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Build high performance teams and be a strong team player
* Have a strong commitment to company "Win Right" values
* Hav excellent computer proficiency
* Have knowledge of MRP or other computer systems
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified In Production And Inventory Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Control Systems