You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead, Maintenance Mechanic (Full Time, Year- Round)
Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of and experience with mechanical repairs, as well as proven leadership skills. Must have the ability to troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical equipment, including gears, speed reductions, lifts, bearings and hydraulics. Must have the proven ability to use these skills to ensure the safe operation, maintenance, and inspections of amusement rides, attractions and park facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise the maintenance rehab, repair, inspection, and troubleshooting of rides, vehicles, infrastructure and attractions to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure that specifications set by ride Back Up Procedures are complied with and documented.
- Inspect rides and attractions, notifying appropriate management of any and all hazards that may endanger our guests or employees.
- Direct, supervise, counsel and/or work in conjunction with others to solve ride related problems.
- Ensure that all rides are clean and visually in compliance with Six Flags Darien Lake specifications, and the expectations of our guests and management team.
- Serve as shift Maintenance Duty Person, as needed.
- Willingness and ability to cross train in other areas and work such areas as needed during critical staffing periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical field
- Willingness and ability to be part of the team environment
- Must be able to work varied shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Should possess advanced skills and proficient knowledge in four or more trades, from the following: mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, carpentry, welding, and small engine repair.
- Must have tools and equipment to perform required duties and skills as defined above.
- Must be able to troubleshoot clearly, calmly and safely in the presence of guests, co-workers and park management.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to work in all weather elements such as sun, heat, cold, rain and work at heights up to 200 feet.
If you are able to answer "YES" to all of the following questions, please continue the application process by clicking "Apply"
- Can you provide legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States?
- Are you able to perform the essential functions of the job for which you are applying with or without reasonable accommodation?
- Within the last 90 days, can you state that you have not used illegal or social drugs (excluding marijuana), such as MDMA (Molly), cocaine and crystal methamphetamine?
- I am willing to agree that future text messages relating to Six Flags, Inc., including company news, job posting application status updates, and other information, may be sent on behalf of Six Flags, Inc. to the cell phone number I provide.
- Infrastructure Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g4nbtke
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.