The Building People, LLC, has a position open for a Building Maintenance Engineer. The Building Maintenance Engineer is responsible to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems for the assigned property(s). Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds, conducting routine assessments, performance of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance for assigned properties.
*40 hour work week Friday-Monday*
- Perform all plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building(s)
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/ or water cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
- Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Monitor Energy Management
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property
- Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
- Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with C&W standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, punching tubes, greasing fan, pump and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
- Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, back-up generator, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
- Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, C&W standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
- Document and report activities to supervisor
Required Experience & Skills
- 2+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
- May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s depending on market licensure requirements
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Federal Government experience is a plus
- Maximo experience
- High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
Competitive benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical & Rx
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
All positions require a background check after acceptance of our offer. The selected candidate will be eligible to begin employment before the background check has been finalized. However, continued employment will be contingent upon the results of your reference/background check from The Building People, LLC. Your position may require special credentialing, clearance, and access as a condition of employment. In the event the government or client does not sponsor or approve your clearance, it may result in termination of your employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Building Maintenance Engineer and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Building Maintenance Engineer and Pay Transparency Statement.
- Assembly And Installation
- Cladding (Construction)
- Medical Emergency
- Microsoft Excel