Optum New Mexico is seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join our team in beautiful Albuquerque, NM. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- Practice Primary Care to the full scope of your license
- Clinic hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Minimal call time
- Patient rooms, office space and Medical Assistants will be ready for you on day one
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in New Mexico
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, United Health stock options
- Continuing Medical Education allowance with time off
- Robust Relocation program
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Excellent PTO package
- Generous retirement program including employer funded contributions (401K)
Optum New Mexico: We are happy to call Albuquerque, New Mexico home. With the tail of the Rockies at our doorstep, we have world-class hiking, biking and skiing at our fingertips. Coupled with amazing scenery, a diverse culture, remarkable food and a world renowned art scene, it’s no wonder we’re the “Secret of the Southwest!”
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current MD/DO medical license in the state of New Mexico or ability to attain
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or in the process of obtaining certification
- New Mexico Pharmacy/DEA Registration if applicable to practice
- Fluency in EMR systems & technology
- Experience in providing patient care under a Global Risk/Medicare Advantage Model
The Optum Story: At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Internal Medicine Physician - Up to $150K Signing Bonus for Local Physicians - Albuquerque, NM.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Divevsity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internal Medicine Physician, Albuquerque, NM, New Mexico