Directs nursing care for the patients, and supervises the day-to-day nursing activities performed by assigned staff. Such supervision should be in accordance with federal, state, and local and regulations governing the nursing center. Also, as directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, RN Charge Nurse and/or the Director of Health Services, to ensure the appropriate care for patients is provided. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Provides care ensuring patient/resident safety
- Supervises Certified Nurse Assistants, directs work and makes appropriate assignments, participates in the corrective action process
- Completes documentation procedures on patients (appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation etc.)
- Assists the Director of Health Services to coordinate the care planning/MDS process and committee meetings as necessary.
- Assists the Director of Health Services in follow-up on consultant recommendations i.e.., pharmacy, dietary, etc.
- Assists the Director of Health Services to monitor physician services (documentation and visits etc.) in accordance with current regulations.
- Knowledge of procedures and ability to determine Advance Directive status for patients.
- Responsible for ensuring “Tenet Time” is presented and discussed with all partners prior to and following all shifts.
- Communicates well with patients/residents/clients and family members providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors, patients/residents/clients and responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor. Answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
- Participates in center/agency surveys (Licensure / JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding process
- Admits, discharges and transfers patients as requested/necessary.
- Participates in patient screening and selection process as requested/necessary.
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved LPN program. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of two (2) years previous bed side nursing experience. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure in state of practice. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Previous nursing experience in a long term care facility preferredJob:
3rd ShiftJob Posting:
Jan 1, 2020, 2:20:13 PM
Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered Nurse Certified