We are KIK!
We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America’s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® and Comet® cleaning products, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, and Natural Chemistry® pool chemicals, and Prestone® and Holts® automotive performance chemicals. We are also the #1 producer in North America for store-brand (\u201cprivate label\u201d) bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products.
Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of \u201cOne KIK\u201d values \u2013 a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
The Spotter driver is within our household division and is responsible for the safe movement of trailers from dock to lot and lot to warehouse dock and to offsite storage. Schedule for the role is M-F 7am \u2013 5:30pm and Saturday 6am \u2013 2:30pm. Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions/ Principal Responsibilities
- Safety: Diligently protects the safety of themselves and others; follows all safety regulations and checklists
- Quality: Conducts visual inspections of docks and trailers.
- 5S \u2013 Housekeeping - Maintain clean, safe, and efficient spotter/work area \u2013 dispose of trash in correct disposal methods. Yard and dock areas must remain clean and free of debris.
- Manage yard inventory of trailers needed/spotted in doors for material replenishment to the production lines and for finished goods loading.
- Safely and efficiently move trailers between pads, doors, and buildings on a timely basis.
- Daily yard inventory taken and reporting of any trailer damage/repairs need to be reported to the supervisor/team lead.
- Fill out spotter log daily
- Follow all shipping safety procedures including trailer inspections and trailer lock out procedures (jacks, chocks, dok lok)
- Work with warehouse personnel to plan changeovers and line pullers for finished goods trailers.
- Flexibility within the department, assist loader when assistance is needed.
- Applies lean thinking and tols to identify and eliminate waste in all area’s of the position.
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of our internal and external customers.
Qualifications (Requirements/ Skills)
- Must have CDL
- Support plant safety and quality programs through participation and actions
- Alert, conscientious, diligent, responsible and focused.
- Practice good housekeeping and works orderly, systematically
- Understand the need for and accepts change
- Basic proficiency with technology-includes application of bar codes and bar code scanning
- Be familiar with the loading patterns for 48’ and 53’ trailers
- The ability to spot trailers in dock doors while maintaining plant safety standards. The removal of trailers from dock doors in a safe manner.
- Able to work scheduled overtime or shift changes when required
- Basic math skill set
- Self-Driven with excellent communication skill set (verbal, written, etc.)
- Team building skill set and positive interaction with all levels within the organization and outside vendors/customers
- Ability to complete all job assigned computer software requirements associated with product requirements
- Mechanically inclined to perform minor machine corrections within job responsibilities
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. KIK does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
KIK is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the job, please contact Human Resources immediately.
- Safety Standards
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Self Motivation