To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
14710 West Portage River South Road
Elmore, OH 43416
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technology & Innovation (T&I) Engineer
Materion Corporation • Elmore, OH
Posted 22 days ago
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
The Technology & Innovation (T&I) engineer will conduct and support projects that develop new products and processes. This support will include both the technical and operational aspects of product and process development using Lean Sigma methodologies.
The incumbent must be able to operate both individually and in teams and will support new product and process launches. The individual will be responsible to support Materion’s Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams; in addition, some customer support may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with and support all EH&S activities while operating in a safe, honest and ethical manner
- Support innovation funnel project activities and gate activities relating to NPPD development activities
- Help identify both potential projects for cost savings and new product opportunities
- Provide support to internal and external customers
- Report on the progress and status of activities
- Support other projects as required in accordance with T&I Group standards
- Develop an operational understanding of the company and our products
- Provide the T&L lab supervisor with appropriate technical support
- Support cost analysis for new products
- Run projects according to the Lean Sigma (LS) methodology
- Keep current in their field(s) of expertise and achieve LS GB certification
- Operate under supervision while providing some supervision/support for technicians
- Monitor and measure focus and keep within established goals and objectives
- Conduct customer visits as needed
- Support the evaluation of new equipment and processes
- Work to protect and document IP
- Performs duties as assigned by the Innovation Pipeline Manager
- Up to 15% travel may be required based on business need.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in materials science field (e.g. Metallurgy, Ceramics or Materials Science)
- Experience participating in engineering and product development projects,which may include internships and co-ops
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on technical and/or design projects and teams
- Good written and presentation skills
- Comfortable using basic computer programs, including Microsoft 360 and Outlook
- 1-2 years of experience participating in engineering and product development projects
- Experience including data acquisition or design, metalworking, casting, welding or machining
- Proven product or process development skills