- Responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care for a group of residents within a nursing unit.
- ? Provide primary nursing care to all residents; treatments, medications, skin checks, etc.
- ? Communicate effectively with on coming and off going nurse to ensure a detailed report between shifts regarding resident care
- ? Take ownership and responsibility for resident care, anticipate needs and take proactive measures; rounding, team meetings, family communication, etc.
- ? Follow physician’s order, medication administrating policy as it applies to safe administration of medication and treatments
- ? Accountable for all resident care being provided; supervise to team to ensure positive clinical outcomes and customer experience
- ? Provide patient teaching and evaluate the residents’ response to treatment and nursing interventions. Involve family and significant others as appropriate
- ? Ensure compliance in documentation, incident reports, resident clinical care, state regulations, and department KPIs
- ? Ensure a culture of teamwork amongst team and IDT team members
- Notify physician on call/responsible party of any clinical concerns and following apparent recommendations
- ? Maintaining and stocking of medication and treatment carts while ensuring compliance by timely ordering of medications from prescriptions
- Other duties as assigned
In the Nursing Department, this role is responsible for supervising CNAs in their assigned
section of the unit as well as any IDT members that have impact on patient/resident care.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE):
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of 2
years experience in the field.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid State of Florida LPN License and live taught CPR certification
- Valid FL IV Certification
- Honoring mature worker
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical Works