IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We have been the big data company in healthcare before the “Big Data” term was defined. Since 1954 we have been helping healthcare organizations harness commercial and scientific insights and execute on their most strategic initiatives. We develop and operate systems and applications using big data technologies on our private-public hybrid cloud. IQVIA stores and computes more than 20 petabytes of complex healthcare data on diseases, treatments, costs and outcomes to enable our clients to run their operations more efficiently. Our big data infrastructure is processing over 50 billion healthcare transactions annually.
We are looking for a Data Architect who will lead and be a change agent for Data Architecture and Data Warehousing globally and on our Big Data Factory.
In this role you will continually evolve and support the basic tenants of good data architecture across the organization. As a Data Architect you will have administration, architecture, design development and implementation responsibilities at a project level but must also be able to think at the enterprise level and drive towards our strategic initiatives with Big Data.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable working in a fast paced collaborative team environment and one who is a passionate problem solver who is highly focused and demonstrates agility.
- Contribute to Data Architecture by providing ongoing analysis of enterprise data stores to ensure the overall architecture remains appropriate and optimal for current and planned usage.
- Working with our IQVIA Global Data Model and/or other Data Models (i.e. OMOP) and mapping/transforming data to these models and devising approaches to speed up this data transformation (i.e. profiling, auto matching/bridging, Machine Learning associations/classifications, etc).
- Participate in requirements gathering, technical specifications, architectural design and support development as it relates to database design, access and utilization.
- Contribute to the overall direction relative to systems of record and how data compliance, governance and regulations affect the handling of data among applications and the overall design recommendations.
- Serve as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues and as a training resource on understanding and handling the company’s data
- Receive complex work problems/questions, develop accurate estimates and create project and component work based on specifications. Understand SQL code of medium to high complexity in support of these activities and provide direction to others on how to handle the question going forward.
Must Have Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; Graduate degree in Information, Computer and /or Pharma Science is a plus
- 5+ years experience with data modeling tools, specifically ERwin (required)
- 5+ years strong native SQL skills
- 5+ years strong experience in database and data warehousing concepts and techniques. Must understand: relational and dimensional modeling, star/snowflake schema design, BI, Data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies, and ETL, MDM, and data governance practices.
Nice to Have Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, HBase, MapReduce/Yarn, etc)
- 1+ years working with development lifecycle tools, such as, Jira, Jenkins, Git, other DevOps tools
- Healthcare experience is a plus
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID:
Extract Transform Load (Etl)