To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineering Aide II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Engineering Aide I or II with our Design Engineering Team for 1st Shift
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Build and install customer products for test systems based on drawings, schematics and/or engineering sketches
- Assemble circuit boards and test equipment into test racks and fixtures based on schematics, BOMS, CAD models, engineering sketches or verbal discussions with engineer
- Perform prototype assembly with minimal documentation
- Perform prototype soldering, inspection and rework
- Involve leadership in determining priorities as necessary
- Enter drawings, technical data and text to document test solutions
- Specify and recommend the ordering or tools required for new technologies or assembly requirements
- Provide creative input to engineering regarding component selection and design for assembly
- Recommend the ordering, tracking receipt and organizing of test equipment and project materials
- Assist purchasing in identifying components that require expediting
- Pull project components from laboratory stock
- Organize and maintain engineering lab inventory
- Perform record keeping and paperwork associated with job assignments
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions
- Ability to interpret customer assembly drawings, electrical schematics, CAD models and engineering sketches
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills and the ability to derive creative solutions to assembly issues
- Utilize MRP to order parts and confirm internal and external (PO) order status
- Demonstrate effective and safe use of a wide variety of tools in manufacturing
- Demonstrate basic to intermediate debug skills of electrical and mechanical assemblies
- Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to work with and train diverse groups
- Accepting of opportunities to train on new equipment and to cross-train into other site operations, as needed
- Participate in a continuous improvement activity
Level I: 1+ years experience Level II: 5+ years of experience
High School Diploma or GED required, 2 year Technical Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education an experience as approved by executive management
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.