**Shift: M-F with flexibility to support 24/7 as needed.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Located 20 miles north west of Chicago, Franklin Park is just south of O'Hare Airport and is a village in Cook County, Illinois. The population was 18,333 at the 2010 census.
The plant was began plastics production in 1973 manufactures APET, and has approximately 200 employees.
- Support all aspects of the APET Extrusion and Thermoforming Processes in Franklin Park IL plant.
- Primary responsibility will be in the area of Extrusion and Thermoforming.
- Maintains process methods and controls to meet quality standards.
- Provides expert technical consultation in process troubleshooting, quality defects and problem identification/statement. This person will be the plant’s main process engineering expert.
- Develop solutions to problems that adversely affect the APET processes in the Franklin Park IL plant.
- Provide technical advice, counsel and training in one or more areas to solve problems, identify new project opportunities, and guide plant process initiatives. Operators will seek this person out for expert technical training and advice.
- Support a 24/7 APET and other polymers/food packaging plant operation.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical equipment and process issues and provides technical leadership and training to resolve same. Not an electrical expert but able to identify problems and rule out process or mechanical issues if applicable. Or solve for process/mechanical problems.
- Prepare proposals for initiating new projects that impact the process. I.E. - Able to represent process needs when obtaining quotes from vendors.
- Coordinate and lead new equipment, process, and product trials and production start-up efforts in Franklin Park site.
**Schedule: M-F with flexibility to support 24/7 as needed Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering a plus with typically 4+ years of applicable experience
- Will look at candidates without BS in Engineering if they have comparable experience.
- 4+ years APET or similar polymer or engineering experience
- APET manufacturing process engineering experience.
- Supervisory experience with contract personnel and technical associates a plus.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Utilizes a variety of concepts, practices and procedures within a particular engineering field.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Recognized as a technical leader and key resource.
- Willing to consider process engineering tech candidates.
This person will receive fundamental process training for 6 months covering all processes in the Franklin Park plant. They will report to Rigid Engineering senior manager, external to the plant, for 6 months. The training will be sculpted to make the person ready to take over all process engineering duties within the plant once the 6 month intro period is over. Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Process Engineer
. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
- Electrical Installation Work
- Problem Solving