To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lusby, MD 20657
- Susan Piercy
- Phone: 828-684-0228
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
System One • Lusby, MD
Posted 2 months ago
System One Services is currently seeking a Procedure Writer for a 1-year contract assignment located in Lusby, MD. Per Diem is available, if applicable.
Procedure Writer Responsibilities:
- Applies skilled operations and maintenance knowledge to create, maintain, or revise work standards, procedures that support LNG plant operations, programs and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates requested or proposed changes to procedures.
- Researches technical manuals, vendor specifications, station policies and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Understands and follows maintenance best practices, governmental regulations, related technical and safety codes.
- With guidance, coordinates the review, comment resolution and approval of procedures with user departments and management.
- May assist in regulatory audits when required.
- Maintains a detailed matrix of all plant procedures and ensures they are routed, reviewed and published on time to meet regulatory requirements.
Procedure Writer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in an industrial setting; process/product chemical engineering or operations, or power plant operations, depending on type of experience.
- LNG or Liquefaction experience would be preferable, but is not required.
- Power plant or industrial chemical background would be seriously considered.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred, including DOT, FERC, NFPA, USCG, and EPA.
- Proficient in application of business process improvement methodology, benchmarking, and change management.
- Understands industrial process systems and equipment (preferably LNG or Power Generation).
- Fully understands operation and maintenance of pumps, compressors, gas/steam turbines, motors, vessels, utilities, piping, tanks, filters, unloading arms, etc.
- Training on environmental, safety, operations and security procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and the ability to quickly learn other programs.
- Ability to prepare and write descriptive documents using publishing tools and writer guidelines.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Job Location: Lusby, MD
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.