To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Honolulu, HI
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Head Banquet Porter - Part-Time
Hilton Hotels & Resorts • Honolulu, HI
Posted 29 days ago
A Head Banquet Porter is responsible for supervising and assisting in the set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with Hilton's high standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
A Head Banquet Porter is responsible for supervising and assisting in the set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with Hilton's high standards of quality. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervises and assists in the set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials weighing up to 50 lbs. such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Breaks down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and returns items to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintains established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Communicates with supervisor verbally and through written communication throughout the shift to ensure proper notification and follow through of assigned tasks.
- Supervises the proper supplying and replenishment of meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Two years banquet porter experience required. High volume banquet experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.,).
- Ability to understand verbal and written English sufficient to understand verbal job requests from supervisor and guests.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
A Houseman serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in hotel/leisure/retail sector
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!