The Facilities Maintenance Technician provides in-house routine preventive maintenance services relating primarily to HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems. Completes or oversees daily work order requests relating to the same systems. Performs other facilities services duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 5 years of commercial building systems maintenance experience, knowledge of OSHA regulations and safety compliance techniques
* Electrical license or universal refrigeration certification desired but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of building systems including, but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and controls.
* Basic understanding of security systems, installations, and operations
* Knowledge and understanding of computerized maintenance and work order systems
* Ability to communicate with a wide variety of specialized outsourced suppliers and vendors related to building systems maintenance and repair
* Computer skills relating to building management and control systems
* Maturity and good judgment required
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of in-house personnel
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
* Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
* Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
* Able to move effectively throughout facility, including lifting and moving objects up to 35-50 pounds
* Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
* Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
* Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
* May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Audio Equipments
- Building Management
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Control Systems
- Health Care