Data Architect (Modeling & Data Warehousing)
Reporting to the Enterprise Data Architect, the Data Architect will drive IT change and help data scientists grow advanced analytics. The Data Architect will bring already broad and impressive skillsets to Globe Life, Inc. and drive innovation while expanding into and fascinating areas. We are looking for an architect to build on our existing analytics platforms and extend it to analysts throughout the company.
Globe Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Globe Life, Inc. With $80 billion of insurance in force, Globe Life is committed to providing secure life insurance protection to their policyholders today and in the future. You can be assured Globe Life will be there when you need us the most.
- The Data Architect executes IT data architecture initiatives required to support enterprise and IT data integration strategies within the context of L&A insurance ODS/EDW.
- The Data Architect applies formal data model descriptions using data modeling techniques
- The Data Architect creates the logical model with the team and keeps it consistent with physical model
- The Data Architect defines and analyzes data requirements needed to support business processes
- The Data Architect leverages extensive experience working with the business to determine needs for data and information.
- The Data Architect evaluates tools and techniques and makes recommendations on fit for a data solution
- The Data Architect understands ELT/ETL processes as well as BI Architecture / tools needed to provide appropriate optimized data architecture solutions as per various business needs
- The Data Architect implements Data Governance policies and standards
- The Data Architect will be implementing the standard design patterns and working as part of Enterprise Data Architecture team to identify and establish new standards.
- Provide input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation
- Design and customize frameworks, prototypes, and reusable modules
- Execute pioneering approaches and keep the team informed on emerging technologies, trends, and tools
- Participate in design and analysis sessions with Enterprise Architect and Technical Leads to come up with appropriate solutions
- Work with data stewards to determine business context of data and data relationships
- Creates logical and physical data models to support enterprise operational and analytical data structures
- Assist with the design of logical data models based upon business requirements
- Define data access parameters and standards for end user constituencies
- Assist Data Analyst with data mapping, transformation, and validation rules
- Identifies and implements operational database requirements and proposed enhancements in support of requested application development or business functionality
- Assists as application data expert from physical data model to production implementations
- Works with Database Administrators to migrate complex large scale applications into test, acceptance, and production environments.
- Identifies entities, attributes, and referential relationships for data models using a robust enterprise information engineering approaches.
- Participates in data analysis, archiving, database design and development activities for migration of existing data as needed.
- Participate and support implementation key Data Governance tenants such as Data Quality, Data Lineage, and Data Profiling etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred
- Experience working with Life & Annuity Insurance industry data and/or ACORD standards strongly preferred
- Experience working hands-on SQL Server, T-SQL, Query Optimization, Oracle, Erwin, Informatica Suite, Database Design
- Five or more years of experience in data analysis or computer programming
- Experience designing and maintaining databases for L&A insurance
- Experience with ACORD data modeling or deep understating of L&A insurance is highly preferred
- Experience working with relational databases as well as newer concepts, such as and not limited to, Schema-on-Read, modeling semi or unstructured data, agile way of data modeling, Graph databases, NoSQL etc.
- Experience working with Data Modeling tools such as Erwin, ER Studio
- Working knowledge of L&A insurance industry standard Data Governance operating model and procedures is highly preferred
- Experience working with data solutions on cloud platforms such as AWS, AZURE
- Experience working with Data Governance tools is preferred
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers and management
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Extract Transform Load (Etl)