To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Lewis, WA
- GameStop, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Associate, Military Store 6254
Gamestop, Inc. • Fort Lewis, WA
Posted 2 months ago
Working with direct or close supervision, the Military Guest Advisor delivers consistent world-class guest service experiences using elements of GameStop's Buy-Sell-Trade Model, The Circle of Life and Solution Selling techniques. This position ensures products are easy to see and to buy; sharing product and gaming knowledge; providing a clean, organized environment in which to shop; and providing every guest with outstanding shopping experiences that lead to higher units per transaction, higher guest service scores, higher levels of PowerUp Rewards participation, and generate guest interest in GameStop's growing digital business initiatives. Associate will interact with a supervisor frequently during each work period. With the understanding that satisfying guests and resolving guest service issues is a routine expectation, most non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Selling Passion: Enjoy active selling, including exploring and creating guest needs and closing the sale. Utilize GameStop's Solution Selling Tablet to serve each guest's needs. Demonstrate a passion for exceeding goals.
- Provide world-class guest service: promptly greet guests, respond to guest questions/concerns quickly, effectively and courteously, assist guests with meeting their video gaming needs, inform guests of special promotions, trade-in program, recommend additional items as appropriate, and thank every guest for shopping at GameStop; prioritize guests over tasks and demonstrate that commitment by circulating throughout the store, to assist them.
- Promptly process accurate guest purchases/return transactions via Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system.
- Respond to guest comments or questions in person or on the phone; answer phone calls promptly, courteously and professionally.
- Promote GameStop's new title reservation program and the PowerUp Rewards guest loyalty program
- Assist supervisor to achieve optimum guest service at all times and ensure that best in class guest service is consistently provided
- Adhere to all of GameStop's ESRB policies and procedures
Solution Selling Focus: Drive sales and guest loyalty by creating complete, lasting guest solutions. Demonstrate unique interest in every guest. Ask questions and makes recommendations in order to make technology easier and more affordable for every guest.
- Promote GameStop's unique guest benefits: new title reservations program and PowerUp Rewards guest loyalty program.
- Promote GameStop's emerging digital products to guests
- Respond to guest concerns quickly, effectively and courteously. Request management support as needed to ensure that every guest returns and recommends GameStop to others
- Demonstrate appreciation for guests by thanking them for their visits and their business
Team Support: Demonstrate a selfless commitment to others on the store team, including schedule and activity-based dependability, continuous improvement, and responding effectively to feedback. Actively seeks opportunities to contribute at higher level of service to the business, the guests, and others on the team.
- Show professionalism and enthusiasm by working well with others - deliver great team results
- Assist the team members with training store associates in all aspects of their job responsibilities, including company/store policies procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist store team in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals and accomplish administrative and operational duties set by Assistant Store Leader.
- Maintain awareness of associate and guest safety; identify and immediately address potentially hazardous situations.
Operational Agility: Respond rapidly, accurately, and consistently to all of the operational requirements essential for creating exceptional and profitable guest experiences in a consistently clean, neat, and well organized store.
- Provide a convenient, organized shopping experience by organizing merchandise according to GameStop's merchandising plan
- Create visual excitement and guest interest by keeping merchandise areas fully stocked and by ensuring that all products are represented on the sales floor
- Assist managers with store inventory counts, stocking/restocking of merchandise on shelves and fixtures, and moving product from the stock room to the front of the store to ensure that all products in the store are represented, organized, and alphabetized on the selling floor
- Comply with all selling, exchange and refund policies, including check and credit card acceptance procedures
- Assist in checking shipments for discrepancies/shortages and record any discrepancies in the POS system
- Recognize potential theft/loss situations and provide personal guest service to deter theft
- Dust and clean shelves, counters, fixtures, merchandise, and store equipment
- Organize backroom product, cash wrap back stock product, and store supplies
- Pick up and discard paper, packing material, and any other debris
- Demonstrate the behaviors expected of all GameStop associates, including a strong bias for action and drive for results; high levels of maturity and professionalism; providing effective feedback to others, a consistently high service orientation; and commitments to diversity, a respectful workplace, and integrity
- Adhere to operational procedures and company policies and practices as communicated through the company handbook, procedure manual, Store Support Center and other communications including accurately recording all time worked as required
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Building Guest Loyalty - Effectively meets guest's needs; builds productive guest relationships; takes responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Guest Focus - Makes guests and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive guest relationships; seeks to understand and educate guests on product; takes action to meet guest needs and concerns
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocates task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individual's effectiveness
- Energy - Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over periods of time
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands and lift merchandise weighing up to 20 lbs. from ground level to minimum height of 4 feet
- Must be able to move throughout the store unassisted for up to 8 hours
- Internal applicants must be meeting performance expectations in current position over the last 6 months
- Working knowledge of computerized cash register system preferred
- Previous retail or guest service experience preferred
- Video game knowledge preferred, but not required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong guest service skills
- Demonstrate clear verbal communication and listening skills, both in person and on the phone, using spoken English; bilingual English/Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Working ability to operate Point of Sale computer system
- Possess working mathematical and alphabetizing skills
- Working ability to complete required paperwork properly
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands and lift merchandise weighing up to 20 lbs. from ground level to minimum height of 4, and climb on ladders
- Ability to move throughout the store unassisted to provide guest service or perform tasks in any part of the store for up to 8 hours
- Ability to comprehend and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, respectful workplace, and ethical responsibilities