LOOKING FOR DIRECT HIRE? Our customer is looking for Field Service Technicians with 3-5 years of engine and compressor maintenance experience. $30-$35/hr.
Call today for immediate consideration Phone number blocked - click to apply
-Responsible for performing skilled tasks including all levels of field maintenance, troubleshooting, direct repairs, overhauls and scheduled preventative maintenance on company rental compressor pages, as directed by supervisory personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and direct repairs to all lines of Company-owned compressor rental packages. Diagnose problems and make recommendations for repairs. Make critical and timely engine, compressor and system adjustments.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor package system shutdowns, and failures, including but not limited to reciprocating compressor, driver (reciprocating and electronic motor), controls, cooling systems, control valves, etc.
- Order maintenance and repair parts as needed / required.
-Properly set units and perform start-up procedures on location
- Ensure field equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines/standards.
- Complete necessary paperwork for oil samples and submit for laboratory analysis.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and maintain good customer relations.
- Must be able and willing to work alone, work overtime, schedule work as needed, and be on-call.
- Required to complete Company service reports and other routine service paperwork as directed in a timely manner.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of company
- Ensure that correct levels of approval are sought prior to committing the Company to expenditures.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level while maintaining commitment to customer service and professional working relationship with customer and co-workers.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by supervisors within the physical constraints of the job.
- Willingness to travel, work overtime, and react to the needs of the company and customer as required.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Must be a self-started, capable of working independently, and planning daily, weekly, and monthly activities to meet service requirements and customer commitments.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours.
- Must have basic hand tools, as required by the company.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be dependable, self-directed and a team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proficient in engine and compressor maintenance.
- Basic understanding of surface production equipment.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of high speed and low speed equipment.
- Must have proven mechanical aptitude. Mist be willing to listen to instructions and work as directed.
- Through understanding of reference materials.
- Ability to learn and retain information related to engine, compressor mechanics, and basics of gas compression.
- Must have troubleshooting skills that seldom required assistance
- Should be able to diagnose general electronic control problems.
- Must be able to operator all types of diagnostic tools
- Must be willing to drive to remote field locations and to maintain an acceptable driving record in line with company requirements.
- Must have professional appearance and good people skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic computer skills and ability to be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of most equipment in rental fleet.
- Understanding of lean burn technology and instrumentation.
- Familiar with accessible electronics and system software based diagnostic tools.
-3-5 years engine and compressor maintenance experience.
- Caterpillar, Waukesha, Ariel, Dresser, Gemini/GE, advanced OEM schooling and certification a plus.
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and / or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Working with multitasks, working with deadlines and completing customer demands
- Valid Driver's License