Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Materion Precision Coatings (MPC) is one of the world’s largest providers of precision thin film coatings and optical filters. MPC offers most advanced deposition technologies including IBS, IAD, magnetron sputtering and thermal evaporation, as well as state-of-the-art process controls and thin film design methodology. Our core competencies include advanced micro lithography, ultra-low defect coating, and opto-mechanical assembly. With facilities in the US and China, our geographical and technological breadth allows us to deliver unique options and comprehensive solutions. MPC provides innovative solutions to meet the toughest challenges in diverse markets spanning Defense, Commercial, Automotive, Thermal Imaging, Projection Display, Science, Space and Astronomy.
For more information, please visit our website at http://materion.com/About and check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos of our employees sharing what it means for them to work at Materion.JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the general direction of and reporting to the Sales Support Engineering Manager or other as based on business need, the Technical Sales Support Engineer is responsible for interpreting and analyzing customers’ inquiries, selling Company products, developing and securing new customers; assisting in investigations of potential new product uses or applications. The Technical Sales Support Engineer will enter and acknowledge customer’s orders, advise customer on order changes, order status, prices, and follow up on quote status and leads. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare quotations and proposals from customer requests, making sure Field Sales is promptly kept informed on each proposal.
- Communicate with finance and production to insure feasibility of production and proper quoted lead time.
- Refer complex requests as needed to the necessary parties such as Product Manager, Production, Finance, Engineering, or Sales Support Engineering Manager.
- Perform contract review to match drawings and specifications that have been received from a customer.
- Support new business opportunities; including customer visits when appropriate and guide new customer’s through the process steps to assure all details of the product meet customer expectations.
- Work with Sales Support Engineering Manager and Product Managers to provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Provide customer service by answering technical questions on products, expedite orders, and manage credit problems and customer complaints. Prepare change order forms. Inform customers of late orders.
- Act as liaison between MATERION Precision Optics customers, field sales, product management, engineering, quality and manufacturing.
- Follow up on quotations. Perform promotional work to sell and secure new business with existing customers where full market potential or product line acceptance has not been established and with new customers within established or new markets.
- Demonstrate and familiarize established accounts with new products or services and developments.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or in a technical field and minimum of 3 years of experience in applications, engineering, inside sales or customer service.
- In lieu of degree a minimum of 6 years of experience in applications, engineering inside sales or customer service
- Experience in manufacturing
- BA or BS degree and technical background
- Experience with optics or optical products
New Product Development