About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities.Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Avendra is North America's leading hospitality procurement services provider. Avendra was founded in 2001 by hospitality management companies looking to leverage buying power and create efficiencies in supply chain management. Acquired by Aramark in 2017, Avendra now manages supplier contracts and sourcing responsibilities for Aramark businesses in North America, other group purchasing organizations owned by Aramark, as well as our traditional hospitality clients. We combine years of hospitality expertise, purchasing power, services and software to help customers impact the bottom line, improve operational performance, and better serve guests and customers. Avendra is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland and employs about 400 associates. Description
Position Summary. The Staff Accountant, Accounts Receivable will be an integral part of the Accounting team focusing on the collection of receivables for Avendra FF&E Services. This position will directly support the efforts to improve cash flow and increased cash collections.
Position Reports toAccounts Receivable Supervisor for Avendra FF&E Services
- Improve cash flow by increasing collection efforts
- Proactively identify problematic accounts to senior management
- Analyze, document and report customer issues to Avendra FF&E Services sales
- Reconcile customer accounts to apply cash and assist with resolving billing discrepancies
- Prepare collection letters to customers, as requested
- Process daily cash receipts for credit card payments
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Assist with developing and generating reports to monitor Replenishment receivables
- Identify and participate in process improvements to improve and streamline Replenishment accounting functions
- Serve as backup to Accounting Administrator and Accounts Receivable Manager when needed
- Serve as backup with processing cash receipts for checks and wires when needed
Other Duties. Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Environment. This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Physical Demands.This is largely a sedentary role with some light lifting of files possibly needed. Qualifications
- Proficiency in Accounting software, Excel and Word
- Well-organized, able to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an ability to build relationships with all levels of management, field operations, and corporate business partners
- Ability to take the initiative, to think out-of-the box to resolve issues and identify opportunities
- Experience in collecting receivables preferred
- Experience in performing account or customer reconciliations preferred
Years of Relevant Experience. 1-3 years of experience
Education Requirements. BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience
Standard Accounting Practices