20_80_252_18 Outpatient East Commons
Expected Weekly Hours:
Job Description Details:
ABOUT PITTSBURGH MERCY
We’re a community-based health and human services organization using person-centered care to treat our area’s most vulnerable populations. We work with families in settings that are safe and familiar to them, and view them as equal partners when planning, developing, and monitoring care.
Our mission is to be a compassionate, transforming presence within our communities. We reach out to offer help – and hope – to people who are experiencing:
• Mental illness and substance abuse
• Physical health needs
• Intellectual disabilities
• Traumatic events or circumstances, including homelessness + abuse
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Team Lead to be the “go to” for the daily unit operations of our Medically Complex/Older Adults/Bereavement/Deaf & Hard of Hearing team. Your main responsibility will be to the people we serve, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, and that benchmarks for performance are met in an efficient and effective manner. As such, you’ll be leading a team of interdisciplinary staff to success through a high level of communication – and strong relationship building with both internal and external providers and resources.
If you’re an effective, inspiring clinician who’s solutions-focused, an ace troubleshooter, and experienced with community-based care, we’d love to hear from you!
Major Function Summary:
- The Clinical Lead Supervisor works closely with the Team Practice Administrator, team colleagues and persons-served and is responsible for overseeing the clinical care and coordination of treatment.
- Carrying an individual direct care caseload as assigned, and working closely with the ambulatory department management chain-of-command, this position serves as a clinical lead by providing group and individual direct clinical supervision of team clinicians and guidance with clinical concerns, performs the implementation of treatment plan goals, and assumes non-clinical supervisory position responsibilities as assigned.
- In order to maximize productivity, financial performance and achieve excellent customer service with the assigned specialty practice, the Clinical Lead Supervisor performs assessments and assessment updates; reviews, signs off and works on improving treatment plans and discharges; manages client complaints and grievances; manages clinical coverage as needed for groups; facilitates colleagues’ expansion and implementation of clinical skills; identifies and communicates concerns involving clinical team members to the Practice Administrator; supervises the client wait list and caseload assignments; co-facilitates high risk team meetings with Practice Administrator and ECM; and, provides input affecting the outcome of team colleagues’ performance reviews, hiring activities, progressive corrective actions and involuntary terminations.
- This Clinical Lead Supervisor position will be responsible for leading and understanding demand and supply of services, best practices in industry and maintaining the continuity of care of individuals. The position will implement Pittsburgh Mercy policies and procedures and, in addition to maintaining departmental policies, procedures and goals, will insure adherence to such by all colleagues. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Pittsburgh Mercy’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Mostly Monday through Friday with flexibility to meet the needs of the population served.
Master’s Degree in Human/Social Services and 2 years of related mental health leadership.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.