To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
875 Beach Boulevard
Biloxi, MS 39530
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director Hotel Operations-Beau Rivage
MGM Resorts International • Biloxi, MS
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for creating and maintaining a guest-driven hotel that exceeds guest expectations in all areas. Provide an atmosphere that inspires the hotel team members to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure guest satisfaction through consistent delivery of both quality product and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals while exceeding the guest’s expectations.
- Responsible for the performance of the Hotel Division which covers Front Desk, Valet/Limo, Bell & Door, Housekeeping & Environmental Services.
- Actively participate in the day to day operation of the hotel to include checking in and checking out guests, inspecting guest rooms and suites for housekeeping and engineering quality.
- Ensures excellence in appearance of all public areas and physical property. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis.
- Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with team members and guests.
- Participates in the development of short term and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel. Participates in weekly forecasting and scheduling; daily reviews and operating results and takes immediate corrective action if required.
- Assists in the development of new programs which result in an increased level of guest satisfaction and operational excellence
- Monitors overall division procedures and practices to ensure efficiency and effectiveness for positive guest experience and continued loyalty
- Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team
- Maintain oversight over contract staffing companies to manage and authorize workforce during peak and off-peak season
- Ensure pay per room initiatives are executed in accordance with policy.
- Other job related duties as requested.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Director Front Office
Director Housekeeper & EVS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 years of experience within hospitality industry
- Progressive management experience in large, upscale, high volume, hotel environment
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established guest service standards
- Entrepreneurial thinker and the ability to creatively problem solve and adjust strategy to meet property goals
- Excellent management, leadership, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, plan, organize and delegate responsibility
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Proven leadership skills in ensuring training, policy compliance and standard of operation
- Complete understanding of P&L’s, budgets and forecasts
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Builds effective communication by active listening and seeking to understand. Asks others for input and feedback including those with diverse backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Actively listens and ensures that people are heard. Clearly and courageously expresses ideas with confidence and respect. Adjusts communication style for different audiences. Keeps others informed on goals and objectives and checks for understanding. Knowledge of performance management and people development.
- Demonstrates business acumen by using industry, market, competitive data and financial knowledge and analysis to understand and improve business results. Understands guest-facing industries and MGM Resorts’ business. Connects internal business activity with a broader external view of business to continuously improve performance.
- Champion creative and innovation, change and diversity by embracing and generating better and innovative ways to improve individual and business performance aligned to a shared mission. Commits to sustained, effective change and executes as planned.
Regular scheduled hours. Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.