Position at VMLY&R
About Us: VMLY&R
VMLY&R is a global brand and customer experience agency that harnesses creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands. But what does that mean? It means we're a creative agency that is built on the promise of collaboration and human connection. Creating connected brands isn't just what we do - it's what we're known for and who we are. We empower our clients to excel at the intersection of "brand" and "customer experience," starting with simple goals: Create work that becomes part of people's lives; promote value for our clients; and, in the best of cases, help the world.
We're committed to building a united global network of creators and thinkers, regardless of their age, race, skin color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. With over 12,000 employees across the globe, our influence is made stronger by applying our collective experiences to tell stories that not only sell products and experiences, but also guarantee positive representations of all communities.
Our unique culture is rooted in a great deal of care for you and your success. Above all else, we are committed to strengthening your experience by ensuring your inner potential continues to be discovered.
We also offer about a dozen employee resource groups (ERGs) that allow you to tap into your personal identities, interests and passions. Our ERGs celebrate ethnic diversity, life as a working parent or caregiver, neurodiversity, the LGBTQ+ community, wellbeing, and more. Regardless of your interests, there is no shortage of opportunities to get involved, so tap into our global network and find where you can make your ideas come to life.
Senior Account Managers work directly with client and agency teams to develop strategic solutions and lead the go to market activity. The idea is that someone looking at a Sr. AM role wants entry-level strategic experiences.
The Senior Account Manager position begins the transition into strategic planning within the Client Engagement department. Many of the job responsibilities are consistent with an Account Manager role and must be upheld; however, this position manages multiple relationships with the clients, leads/develops initial strategic input and sets expectations for project delivery.
Additionally, a Senior Account Manager is responsible for overseeing and leading effective relationships across agency departments and industry relationships. The Senior Account Manager should interact with clients and internal partners as both an effective project manager and strategic partner who helps clarify and develop project objectives, identify challenges, and guides the creation of strategies and metrics for success. This person will be responsible for both leading small to medium-sized projects and acting as day-to-day support on larger strategic projects.
The successful candidate will also ensure that relevant information across groups (client-side, Technology, User Experience, Creative, Project Management) is communicated and translated into specific actions. The Senior Account Manager should demonstrate an understanding of the client's business (objectives, risks and strategies) and its marketing goals, applying them to strategic direction for projects. Risks and dependencies will be communicated to the internal team and the client as necessary.
Senior Account Managers must identify opportunities for incremental growth. They should have a get-it-done mentality because a key component of this role is translating strategy to execution and being ultra-responsive. Working directly with the Supervisor or Account Director, they are responsible for ensuring success across all functional teams and overall client delivery. Financial responsibilities include tracking billing and expenses for the jobs and accounts managed. Candidates must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions.
* Ensuring Operational Excellence on the accounts managed.
* Maintains and grows knowledge of clients' business and industry.
* Keeps team apprised of competitive activity.
* Directs team relative to clients' business goals and objectives to inform projects.
* Focus is on client projects or brands, directing execution of projects (80%) and mining new opportunities (20%).
* Day-to-day client contact
* Directs team in execution of project deliverables
* Proactive thought leadership around areas of interest and new opportunities
* MIP plan for brand/s managed
* Participates in key client meetings:
* Status meetings
* Brand/Project briefings
* Agency day meetings
* Cross-agency partner meetings
* Presentations of VMLY&R work
* Financial management responsibilities include reviewing SOWs, projections and billing for brands managed, review monthly billing spreadsheets with clients.
* Regularly meets with and informs Supervisor and/or Director on status of projects.
* Is able to work effectively with a variety of internal disciplines and business groups, including Client Engagement, Creative and Product Development teams.
* Detail-oriented, a strong communicator and an effective presenter with skills necessary to develop effective presentations.
* Team player with strong intrapersonal and organizational skills.
* Is able to think and operate with strategic orientation in addition to task/project management.
* Has detailed knowledge of the digital industry, emerging trends and innovation.
* Is able to lead cross-functional teams and participate in and navigate cross-agency collaboration.
* Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns.
* Familiarity with ecommerce and online advertising is a plus.
* Is able to help mentor and support career development of team members.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field.
* Three to six years of agency and/or client-side experience managing large-scale marketing projects.
* Interactive marketing experience is necessary.
As the world leader in communications services, we rely on the creativity of our people to deliver the best work for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering them a diverse suite of benefits from best-in-class carriers, with enough choice and flexibility to keep them and their families healthy and happy today and tomorrow.
* Corporate gift matching program
* Paid time off for volunteering
* Paid parental leave
* Ranked No. 1 in advertising for our adoption assistance program
* Corporate discounts
* VMLY&R Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team, which guides, celebrates, and promotes cultural literacy; increases employee engagement; recruits and retains a diverse workforce; and builds internal opportunities for people to learn and grow.
VMLY&R is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Experience