You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Fence Production Coordinator
Stuck & Irwin Fence is a division of The Bruce Company who is a family run company that has a 70 year strong reputation and a top 100 Landscaping company in the nation and Best of Madison award winner for 16 years. Many employees have made us their lifelong career, we welcome you to join our team where you can showcase your talents! You’ll work outside, get plenty of fresh air, and make a difference in the outdoor environment. You’ll learn new skills and focus on providing exceptional customer care while building a great employee environment.
- Work on some of the largest and most prestigious projects in the Madison area
- Weekly Pay
- Year round benefits including, medical, dental, vision, and life insurances as well as a 401(k) retirement program.
- Make a difference by beautifying the outdoor environment
- Regular scheduled hours with overtime available
- Manages all aspects of fence installation and repairs for assigned projects.
- Coordinates fence crews and sub-contractors that work on small to medium size projects, or multiple crews who work on large projects.
- Creates/updates fence layouts based on visiting the job site and meeting with the customer.
- Prepares job site for crews including painting marks on ground for corners and gate posts (layouts).
- Visits job sites, and coordinates with job site supervisors as applicable, prior to start of work to ensure the site is ready for fence construction.
- Works with the Administrative Assistant to coordinate the Diggers Hotline.
- Reads, interprets and analyzes layouts, specification drawings and plans.
- Provides direction, plot/design plans, job information and schedule to fence crews and subcontractors.
- Coordinates timely delivery of materials and equipment needed on job site.
- Ensures necessary paperwork is completed for each project; including submitting loadslips in advance and working with Inventory Control to make sure that daily load slips and other paperwork are completed correctly for the delivery drivers and dock employees.
- Work with the Production Team to prioritize workload by utilizing updated information from the Sales Team.
- Problem-solves issues as they arise with Crew Leaders, Sales, Inventory Control, and/or the Production team as needed to ensure timely and adequate resolution.
- Communicates with Production Manager and Sales Team regarding all aspects of project including work need, timelines, and completion.
- Checks in daily with crews and regularly visits job sites to review work in progress and assess quality and productivity of work, providing training and constructive feedback as needed.
- Meet weekly with the Production Manager and Sales person to review job cost information on current and recently completed jobs. Assist the Production Manager in the weekly scheduling of jobs.
- Meet with clients on the job sites when needed, establishing a positive rapport. Verify mutual understanding of work to be completed on the job site and answer any questions as needed.
- Manages a Snow Route for snow removal during the winter months.
- Perform miscellaneous work during the off-season, such as snow plowing, snow route management, planning for the coming season, and any other special projects.
- Represents leadership team supporting Management and Company directives.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Orients new team members providing hands on training and establishing expectations.
- Provides mentoring, coaching, constructive feedback and training of fence crew leaders and crew members.
- Ensure quality performance by employees on an on- going basis, taking appropriate action to correct unsatisfactory behavior.
- Assists in hiring, promotion, demotion, discipline, and termination as needed.
- Fosters a positive team-oriented work environment, resolving issues as they arise.
- Oversees quality and productivity of staff and sub-contractors.
- Approves time and ensures accuracy of hours for payroll.
- Work is primarily performed outdoors during all seasons.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions, including inclement weather (rain, snow, heat or cold).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is required for duties such as equipment operation that expose the individual to elevated noise levels.
- Duties of this position may expose the individual to chemicals and fertilizers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual will demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel, regulatory agencies, customers, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education, Certification and License:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record is required;
- Commercial driver’s license (CDL) is preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of fence or related construction experience required; specialized knowledge of chainlink, PVC, ornamental, and wood fences is preferred.
- 2- 5 years of previous foreman or crew leader experience is required.
- Previous equipment operating experience (loader, bobcat, skid steer or other used in fence installation) is required.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple crews and a varying workload.
- Ability to read and analyze or interpret design plans.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including problem solving and employee relations management.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Outlook (email), Word, and Excel.
- Understands budget and the job cost system; ability to manage labor and supply cost to ensure profitability.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful.
- Stands and walks for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Squats or kneels and lifts objects from ground occasionally.
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Frequently lifts weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally carries and pushes/pulls weights of up to 50 pounds.
- This is a Full-Time Year Round position.
- Weekly pay
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 5:00pm (50-60 hours per week) during our peak season (approximately April to November). Saturday hours as needed.
- Hours vary in winter months (approximately December through March) based on snow removal and other needs.
Full time Year Round employees are eligible for a competitive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurances as well as a 401(k) retirement program. This position is also eligible for paid time off (PTO) and paid Holidays.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities of the job. Further, the duties assigned may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of management.
Struck & Irwin Fence, a wholly owned subsidy of The Bruce Company is an EEO/AA employer
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Labor Relations
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g4bswwk
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.